2006 Unlimited randomly stalling

SierraMountainDave

My first post, with such great TJ owners on this forum I am hoping someone will have an answer or two. Use to be a proud owner of a 2006 Unlimited, 6 speed manual with only 52K on it, well cared for, But is has developed what seems to be a fairly common issue, i.e. randomly stalling, happens after engine temp is up, not overhearting, does not leave any codes except when it first occurs, all the lights come on. So far $'s, two jeep dealers and another shop have spent some 5 hours trying to find problem everyone suggest the PCM. The story gets uglier, so far new ignition, new plugs, new CAM sensor, new module immobiizer (skim), new creankshaft position sensor, new throttle position sensor, new automatic shut down relay, pcm terminals checked, cleaned. The originaly PCM was sent via NAPA auto out to Cordone for fixing, came back with same issue of stalling. Another PCM from Flagshlip, it smoked when ignition key turned on, no good. What now?? Thanks,

My first post, with such great TJ owners on this forum I am hoping someone will have an answer or two. Use to be a proud owner of a 2006 Unlimited, 6 speed manual with only 52K on it, well cared for, But is has developed what seems to be a fairly common issue, i.e. randomly stalling, happens after engine temp is up, not overhearting, does not leave any codes except when it first occurs, all the lights come on. So far $'s, two jeep dealers and another shop have spent some 5 hours trying to find problem everyone suggest the PCM. The story gets uglier, so far new ignition, new plugs, new CAM sensor, new module immobiizer (skim), new creankshaft position sensor, new throttle position sensor, new automatic shut down relay, pcm terminals checked, cleaned. The originaly PCM was sent via NAPA auto out to Cordone for fixing, came back with same issue of stalling. Another PCM from Flagshlip, it smoked when ignition key turned on, no good. What now?? Thanks,
Have you checked the ignition switch and it’s connections ?!
- cracked ign coil ( hairline cracks )
-You’re not packing a dozen keys on your ignition key or do you ?
- the weight of the key chain can cause havoc, although yours is a low mile JEEP, just saying
- keep us posted

—•||||||•—👋🏿

Thanks for the response. It is not leaving a code for the dealers/mechanics or for me, simply dies, you wait a few minutes and restarts, no codes. they did change the throttle position sensor, i thought that might include any air issue? Once it starts, the idle seems a ok, starts fine when cold, the stalling is a slow speeds but not idling. dave

Have you checked the ignition switch and it’s connections ?!
- cracked ign coil ( hairline cracks )
-You’re not packing a dozen keys on your ignition key or do you ?
- the weight of the key chain can cause havoc, although yours is a low mile JEEP, just saying
- keep us posted

—•||||||•—👋🏿
The ignition switch was replaced as the first possible cause and rechecked recently, I am not sure about a cracked ign coil, is it part of the ignition switch?? Only 3 keys on the chain, both dealers wanted to test the second key which proved to be ok, so no key issues?.. I will add a possible new possible source of the problem, i.e., the jeep came with a alarm system, via, VIPER, although the local dealer said it seemed to be wired in correctly I am becoming suspicious - may have it taken out since I believe it can shut down the unit. Of course at this point I am becoming suspicious of everything. Dave