2006 Wrangler starter fuse keeps blowing

Greg LeRoi

my starter 30 amp fuse blows on start up leaving motor dead. always have to carry fuses. put in factory starter and stilll happens. Wut to do?

This means you likely have a short somewhere in the starter wiring. I suppose it’s possible that there is something going on internally with the starter and it might be time for a new one.

This means you likely have a short somewhere in the starter wiring. I suppose it’s possible that there is something going on internally with the starter and it might be time for a new one.
thanks i went back to the jeep factory starter and problem still happens. I have to carry several 30 amp fuses with me cause i never know when i may be stranded. with i could find the cure. left at local jeep dealer for 30 days and they could find nothing. desperate. maybe next move is new ignition switch?

thanks i went back to the jeep factory starter and problem still happens. I have to carry several 30 amp fuses with me cause i never know when i may be stranded. with i could find the cure. left at local jeep dealer for 30 days and they could find nothing. desperate. maybe next move is new ignition switch?

You could try the ignition switch, yes.

I wonder if there's an open wire somewhere on the path of the wires that go from the starter, to the fuse box, to inside the vehicle. All it would take is a little portion of exposed wire.