2020 JL high beams turn off while driving

Turfrx

My wife’s Wrangler has an issue where you’re riding down the road with jig beams on and they just go back to dim setting. No auto dim feature on vehicle. It does have after market leds and Halo lights. No flickering or anything just won’t stay bright. Could it be the switch wearing out? Thanks for any help

Tell us about your Jeep?

Looks like you want a JL forum if it's indeed a 2020.

TJs were built from 1997 to 2006.

Generally speaking for a TJ I would agree with your diagnosis but I would be checking grounds and fuses. And while unlikely I'd rule out that the high side is working on both lights with a test probe.

Welcome to WTF!

-Mac

My wife’s Wrangler has an issue where you’re riding down the road with jig beams on and they just go back to dim setting. No auto dim feature on vehicle. It does have after market leds and Halo lights. No flickering or anything just won’t stay bright. Could it be the switch wearing out? Thanks for any help

I'd be more suspicious of the aftermarket headlights then the jeep controls.

Is there enough slack in the lines to unplug the aftermarket lights and plug the oem back in so you can test if it has the same issue? (Or just swap them back in) Assuming they turn off when its parked as well as driving.

Okay, I have to ask......

On the JL's, to turn the high beams on, you push forwards on the light stalk, and pull for momentary.

You are pushing, correct?

Also, did you install a Tazer to enable LED lighting?

Reactions: Alex01