2021 Yamaha T7

Rick Flair

Domari Nolo
Supporting Member
I sold my last bike (2019 Yamaha MT-09) that was a BLAST to ride but I lost most of my love of the road with idiots on their phones and close calls.

Enter the ADV bikes, particularly the mid size segment. The all new T7 has the same power plant my MT-09 has minus a cylinder, the CP2 instead of a CP3. It’s a fun engine and lots of torque down low and revs out hard.

Anyway, been eyeing these since they were teased a few years back.

Love the specs, I was going to buy a DR650 and be cheap. But the tech is old and bikes are fat pigs with no power.

The Honda Africa Twin is awesome but larger than I would like. Would like to be 65-70% off-road. I don’t plan to ride 2000k miles in a trip. More local and some overnights. Light bags and explore.

Any other suggestions?

Yes!! Love KTM. They are close to 2k more but you do get a lot for the extra. It’s a hard choice.

Those things are the best dual purpose bike I think money can buy.

I would have had one in a heartbeat if I wasn't only 5'9. I tried getting on one and I can't even get one foot down, literally. What a bummer, because those things are so badass.

I really wanted an MT-09 bad, I just couldn't get past the look. It was just a bit too Japanese looking for me. I wanted something a little more refined in terms of looks.

But that crossplane engine... man that thing is fun. I had an R1 with the crossplane years back, and that things sounds like pure awesomeness!

Reactions: Rick Flair
Yeah no worries!!!

You can adjust the suspension for your height, to a degree.

I did the full race bikes and the position sucks for more than a hour ride.

The naked street fighters look odd but riding position is comfortable and race bike like power, get all hooligan! 😂

And yes, I had Graves full TI exhaust and even though I had a triple....it sounded wicked!!!!!!!

Yep, that's the problem though. I think I'd need to drop the suspension significantly, which would defeat the entire purpose of the bike.

I've owned enough sport bikes (crotch rockets) to know that I no longer like that riding position anymore. I can't ride like that for more than an hour before going numb, aching, etc.

My favorite bike I've owned to date is the new Indian Scout. It's like a sport bike disguised as a cruiser (and feels like a cruiser too). That thing is quick, has more power than you'd expect, and handles like it's on rails. I was shocked the first time I rest rode one. Polaris really hit a home run with those new Indians.

As for street fighters, my favorite to this say still remains the Aprilia Tuono RSV4 Factory. I owned one, and to say that they are amazing is an understatement.

Reactions: Rick Flair