30 mpg tj

What else would you have to do to the TJ to make this Diesel engine work?

It comes with a universal wiring harness, but I suspect there's a lot of wiring still that needs to happen. I think it will bolt to the stock transmission and work with the stock axles, so I think it's pretty much a bolt in affair minus the wiring. I'm not entirely sure though.

It comes with a universal wiring harness, but I suspect there's a lot of wiring still that needs to happen. I think it will bolt to the stock transmission and work with the stock axles, so I think it's pretty much a bolt in affair minus the wiring. I'm not entirely sure though.

It does say it’s not a direct bolt in replacement.

It does say it’s not a direct bolt in replacement.

Oh, I overlooked that! In that case, not worth the money then. For 10k you can do a complete V8 engine swap and probably still have a little extra money left over. That 10k would include everything you need, including paying someone to do it for you in most cases.

Being that this isn't a bolt-in replacement, I'm not sure I see the point. I can get a Cummins 4BT engine for a couple thousand at most on eBay.

You can buy it in Oregon, but you just can't install it and run it through DEQ here. So, it's a pretty neat option if you live out in the free part of the state. If you live in the snowflake section, you're out of luck.

Any engine swap is a pain in the backside, including this one. It's expensive, and it gets complicated. Figure out what you think it's going to cost, and then double that. You may have enough left over to take your buddies out for a beer when you're done to show off your new mod.

If you want to stuff a diesel into a TJ, I think this is the route to go. Maybe in another 200,000 miles or so when the four angry squirrels get tired I'll look into it seriously. If you have a good, sound TJ set up the way you want it sure would keep you going for a very long time. Especially once they get that funky two flywheel setup straightened out.