4.0 oil leak coming from bell housing

Jf888

I have an oil leak coming from my bell housing. I recently got a new clutch and while it was in the shop I had them do a new rear main seal and valve cover gasket to try to fix the leak. It seems to have gotten worse. Im not seeing it coming from anywhere besides the bell hosuing.
Any ideas what could be causing it?

Chances are it's the rear main seal.

I've seen it way too many times. A shop replaces the rear main seal, and it ends up not sitting properly, and then you have a leak.

I'd bet money it's either the rear main seal or the valve cover gasket. Just because they did it, doesn't mean they did it right.

Chances are it's the rear main seal.

I've seen it way too many times. A shop replaces the rear main seal, and it ends up not sitting properly, and then you have a leak.

I'd bet money it's either the rear main seal or the valve cover gasket. Just because they did it, doesn't mean they did it right.
Thats what I was thinking. I went back today and they tightened some stuff up but there's already oil leaking again. I guess im going to be bringing it back.

Thats what I was thinking. I went back today and they tightened some stuff up but there's already oil leaking again. I guess im going to be bringing it back.

That's what I would do. The only other thing around that area would be the transmission shaft seal, but that seems very unlikely. Those rear main seals can be very tricky to get seated properly.