4.0 swap

Vernons

Hello, i have been searching on line to try to get some help with my jeep. every time i google a question i find topics that lead me back to this page. so for this reason i just joined. i am trying to fill out all the info so everyone will know what jeep i have. so i am having to dig around to get started.

this weekend i picked up a 97 wrangler on a trade. as far as i can tell it has a blown head gasket. it is a 4 cylinder 5 speed.

i also have a 99 xj and a 95 xj. the 95 was a 2wd auto that is now a 4wd 5speed. it has allot of rust in the floor.

so what i am wondering, if i tried to swap in the motr and transmission into the wrangler, will this fit? only thing that i am worried about is the motor mounts

thanks again for all the help in advance. when i get back i will try to fill out more on my profile

Hello, i have been searching on line to try to get some help with my jeep. every time i google a question i find topics that lead me back to this page. so for this reason i just joined. i am trying to fill out all the info so everyone will know what jeep i have. so i am having to dig around to get started.

this weekend i picked up a 97 wrangler on a trade. as far as i can tell it has a blown head gasket. it is a 4 cylinder 5 speed.

i also have a 99 xj and a 95 xj. the 95 was a 2wd auto that is now a 4wd 5speed. it has allot of rust in the floor.

so what i am wondering, if i tried to swap in the motr and transmission into the wrangler, will this fit? only thing that i am worried about is the motor mounts

thanks again for all the help in advance. when i get back i will try to fill out more on my profile
The welded on mounts on the frame that the stock motor mounts bolt to are in very different locations. The bolt in the 4.0, the 4 cylinder mounts will have to be cut, modified, and moved forward about 6-8".

Reactions: Vernons and astjp2
The welded on mounts on the frame that the stock motor mounts bolt to are in very different locations. The bolt in the 4.0, the 4 cylinder mounts will have to be cut, modified, and moved forward about 6-8".

ok thanks. i wander it their is a was to bolt the mounts in? i hate having to weld to the frame.

i guess i can slide everything in place and bolt the tcase to the skid plate then that will give me an idea as to where to put the mounts

Found this today. I am guessing it will fit

3616277B-9FC5-4CDC-B0F1-EE068D471AAC.png