4.0 throttle body swap

Gasman1979

Ok. I know it’s been done. And I know the opinions on it are as wide apart as a trailer park girls knees….but….. it cost me $20 for the used TB so I said what the hell. I marked the intake and ground off the overlap so it would match the 4.0 opening. Some fool already put a TB spacer on it. Why on a MPI engine I’ll never figure out. But I digress. My personal opinion/comparison. My lil 2.5 is running better. Befor to maintain 65 I had to keep it flat on the floor. After I was able to let the auto tranny shift into OD which before meant a steady speed drop and it maintained speed with about 3/4 throttle. So my take on it. It’s worth the little cash and time.

I see people here constantly saying upgrades to the 2.5 will only net you a few HP and it isn’t worth the time nor effort. Well in my book if I can spend less than 100$ and pick up 3-5 hp that’s a substantial gain. Especially when you consider the lil worn 1997 4 banger is prolly doing good to push out 100 hp at this point. If I spend $500 and get 20 hp that’s a 20% gain in power for not much cash.

1997 TJ 2.5L 3” rough country lift on 33x10.5’s.