4th and final Jeep? 2005 LJ Rubicon

On the rear, did you use Clayton’s shock mounts or more of the generic Poly/genright style when you outboarded? The Clayton kit looks better than most the ‘kits’, there’s just a few things I’d maybe go my own way on
I have not outboarded the shocks yet. I did use the Clayton rear lower shock mounts. It moves the location further out and reinforces the rear bottom link brackets.

I Just purchased the poly performance out board kit and plan to cut into the frame. When I do, I may reuse the clayton, but cut and rotate part of it to line up the lower mount since it will not need to have the inward tilt it has now. Or I will keep the bracket reinforcement, but “glom” on the poly mounts to the bracket reinforcement. The poly mount retaining bolt is front to back versus side to side. May compress the bushing less during articulation. We will see😀

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Like was mentioned I used an angle grinder to remove the weld until I could see the “split” between the axle and the “C”. I used a sledge to rotate the C on the axle tube, so it never “came off”. Before rotating I put a radial cut in the end of the axle tube and the C- as you look at the opening where the axle goes in. This allowed me to “see” the rotation. I did one side at a time so I could ensure the angle change I wanted using the unmodified side as a reference. I did a lot of measuring to ensure the axle was level overall so I was getting the change I wanted.
It’s a trick to figure the flat or location on the C you want to compare the before and after angle with