69 Jeep Kaiser bobbed wrecker

Armytruck6x6

TJ Enthusiast
Bobbed 1969 M35A2 multi fuel w/ winch

Building an off road wrecker... has front pto winch, rear 8k hydraulic winch, 10k boom winch/ telescopic boom. Will be outfitted with a 5k gen, hydraulic ports for hydraulic rescue tools ( I have cutters, spreaders, combo tool, jacks, and impact gun). Will also carry oxy/ acedalyn torch. Trying to figure out welding issue... I can braze, but that sucks to do in my opinion. I also have regular tools, tow bar w/ axle clamps, chains/ hooks etc, chain saw, bumper mounted large vise...

Anyone have any other thoughts from an issue they had out on the "trail"? It will look simalar to the last pic when done...

20191022_103122.jpg

20191028_163534.jpg

20190830_100510.jpg

Screenshot_20191011-121755.png

Looks like a fun project. I used to drive a 10 wheel drive PLS with a CTIS for all 10 wheels. Too big for most trails, but I often used it to pull out stuck 5 tons, Bradleys etc. An utter brute. Effortlessly lift a 20 ton load with its boom, reliable and indestructible. Front two axles and the rear axle all were steering axles, rear axle turned opposite the front. Very useful. The reason I bring this up, can you add a CTIS to the wish list?

I'm sure anything is possible.... but in my opinion, the reason a deuce and a half had a 70 yr service life was its simplicity. Uncle Sam has an unlimited budget for maintainace. In my experience CTIS systems require a lot of maintenance. The last series of deuces M35A3 had CTIS.... but that truck got a complete rebuild with all kinds of upgrades.

Forgot to say, I've driven a PLS a bit in Iraq... one upgrade I would do is, power steering. That's a $1600 up grade. Unless anyone out there knows a cheaper way???

I did 24+ active and guard. I deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan with 3 total deployments as an 11B.

I was in charge of the civilian trucking mission TTM. We had PLS and HETT's as well. 11B's had real missions. Not like the Fobbits.

A lifetime ago I was a 63B and a 52B. Only danger I faced was some bar fights. Well, quite a few actually. My liver was in the most danger.

In response to your original question - I would add a huge air compressor and tank so you can power air tools & refill tires on the trail. And lights - lots of lights for recovery at night!!
Such an awesome rig - nice work!!! 👍

It already has on board air, but with 2 small tanks... I could fairly cheaply add another tank for volumn. But a gas powered compressor would be better for CFM .... issue would be mounting/ storage.

As far as lights... I have a 24v to 12v resister from a CUCV (blazer/ pick up), that will power any lights etc.