97 TJ: Manual to Automatic Transmission Conversion

Thanks for the link @Jerry Bransford. I’m just wondering why the extended seal would need to be installed if the at-case was already mated to the 32RH when I bought it. Does it come that way from the factory? Would the seal already be installed?

Thanks for the link Jerry. I’m just wondering why the extended seal would need to be installed if the at-case was already mated to the 32RH when I bought it. Does it come that way from the factory? Would the seal already be installed?
Crap I'm sorry, I forgot you weren't swapping from a manual transmission to an automatic, only installing an engine that was configured for a manual transmission. So you would not need the extended seal.

No worries! Thank you again
Wow that blind puller tool is a life saver!! That was extremely easy. Perhaps not all are like that, but i'm sure thankful this one was. Actual time to remove the bearing and bushing once the tools were installed was under 1 minute. Thanks for the suggestion Jerry!!

Pilot Bearing.jpeg

Empty crankshaft hole.jpeg

Blind puller tool.jpeg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I apologize for switching subjects but also wondering what the best way to inspect the flex plate is. I've pulled the engine out of this jeep at least 3 times and I want to make sure the flex plate is not bent or damaged. Will a visual inspection suffice or is it necessary to remove and take to a machine shop to check for straightness/level?