Western Australia 98 tj SKIM Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jemma

Price
Cheap as possible
Im having (skim) problems with my 98 tj jeep wrangler or help on next step as it is in rac i got it towed there an they cant help nor can the locksmith nor can jeep as it has said in previous thread that part is now unavailible

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Im having (skim) problems with my 98 tj jeep wrangler or help on next step as it is in rac i got it towed there an they cant help nor can the locksmith nor can jeep as it has said in previous thread that part is now unavailible
The part (SKIM module) was available not long ago. Barring that, you only have a couple of options. Send the PCM out and get the SKIM disabled, or find a PCM locally that hasn't had the SKIM enabled for the same year and equipment level.

What problem are you having exactly?

The module is burnt out lock smith said to me an they have said that jeep are the only ones that can help but jeep have also told me mopar dont make that part ,i have looked online an cant find the right model number for my car

The module is burnt out lock smith said to me an they have said that jeep are the only ones that can help but jeep have also told me mopar dont make that part ,i have looked online an cant find the right model number for my car
Alright then, if we assume the part is NLA, then you are left with the choices of sending out the PCM to get the SKIM function turned off, or getting another PCM without SKIM enabled.

@Jemma The part number can be off with the last two letters. If you have a 629AC a 629AD will work. The letters are engineering software updates. What is your part number, manual or auto and a 2.5 or 4.0l?

Status
Not open for further replies.