A/C line gasket question

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Specifically the lines that attach to the condenser, are there supposed to be gaskets there or just orings?

like these(circled):
1EC4FF11-04A6-4C48-809B-CE7E715AC778.jpeg

Last edited:
Those gaskets have built in o-rings on them. Maybe they aren't exactly o-rings, but you can see what I mean if you zoom in.

That being said, I'm pretty sure there are no o-rings, just that gasket. That's how I remember them being at least.

Those gaskets have built in o-rings on them. Maybe they aren't exactly o-rings, but you can see what I mean if you zoom in.

That being said, I'm pretty sure there are no o-rings, just that gasket. That's how I remember them being at least.
Ugh. I was afraid of that. I had stopped at a dealership and the parts guy couldn’t find them in the parts diagrams.

It could be those. Have you taken your lines off? What came out of them?

Specifically the lines that attach to the condenser, are there supposed to be gaskets there or just orings?

like these(circled):
View attachment 141028

The item circled in red is what is needed for the condenser connection, it's kind of a combination gasket/o-ring, below is a pic of what your condenser should look like in the 04' and make sure to use a proper refrigerant lube on the seal.

Cond.jpg

Reactions: matkal
The item circled in red is what is needed for the condenser connection, it's kind of a combination gasket/o-ring, below is a pic of what your condenser should look like in the 04' and make sure to use a proper refrigerant lube on the seal.

View attachment 141081

Thank you! Where would I get them and or how would I search for them? NAPA, where I got the pictured kit, can’t get individual gaskets and the dealer was no help.

Thank you! Where would I get them and or how would I search for them? NAPA, where I got the pictured kit, can’t get individual gaskets and the dealer was no help.

Typically they are sold as a kit and not individually, Rock Auto has the kit for about $16.

ive only seen kits as well.

a nearby AZ had the kit in stock for me earlier this year, santech MT2605 (North Dort location in flint). looks like they list one kit in stock online.

Well it depends on who you talk to. Stopped in at the local NAPA and talked to the " guy who seems the most knowledgeable" and showed him one of the old gaskets(from the AC pump) and he pulls a box out from under the counter that has individual AC O-rings and gaskets. Of course there's two empty spots that have what I need but he ordered refills.

This is one of the reasons I try not to order things like car parts online.

Then I dropped by my mechanic for some free advice and as a last minute thought I showed him the old gasket and he has a box with AC parts. Yep, he has what I need as well. One step closer to getting TFB back on the road.