A/C not getting cold

FirstJeep

TJ Enthusiast
The ac on my 2000 Wrangler isn’t cooling like it used to. Can anyone tell me anything to try to get it back to how it was working? Thanks!

Is the A/C compressor clutch engaging when the A/C controls select air conditioning ?
Check the A/C compressor relay in the PDC if it clicks when air conditioning is selected.
IF you are not familiar with Air Conditioning; I would suggest not working on the system and have a friend familiar with A/C look at the system components OR take the Jeep to the shop....

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The usual cause is being low on refrigerant. But A/C compressors don't consume refrigerant so the only cause of that is a leak somewhere in the system. I'd take it to an automotive a/c shop who can find the leak with a dye and repair it. Adding more refrigerant by itself is usually only going to be a short-term fix.

I just had my AC checked. It was not even blowing cool air. I expected the worst. Pleasantly surprised. I think my Jeep sat a lot with the PO.

My guy pulled vacuum. Held vacuum for four hours. He then charged it with nitrogen (I think he said 400 psi, but I am not sure). He found no leak.

He charged it and it is blowing ice cold even in this 100 degree weather. I have had it back since July 25. Fingers crossed

I just had my AC checked. It was not even blowing cool air. I expected the worst. Pleasantly surprised. I think my Jeep sat a lot with the PO.

My guy pulled vacuum. Held vacuum for four hours. He then charged it with nitrogen (I think he said 400 psi, but I am not sure). He found no leak.

He charged it and it is blowing ice cold even in this 100 degree weather. I have had it back since July 25. Fingers crossed

I just did the same. AC was blowing hot. I didn’t use it last year (I prefer 245 AC) but this year my daughter wanted to use the truck so wanted to get the AC in order. The HVAC control unit in the dash was replaced by the PO with a unit without AC controls so was expecting the AC to need major work. Not so. My local shop found zero refridgeran. I assume the PO opened the system for something and rather than get it charged and leak tested they opted to spend the $35 to swap out the HVAC control. Really don’t know. We did all the above and AC is now icebox cold.. even so, I still don’t use it.