Adjustable control arm advice

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Probably most of you have already thought of this, so ignore away. I have had my control arms on for about a year and thought I could tweak them a RCH or two while on an OCD quest for perfection. Those suckers would not budge. The control arm's threads were seized tight. I had to remove them entirely put them in the vice and get medieval on them to free them up. Not rusted or crossed, just stuck tight. Cleaned them up, slathered them in anti-seize and reinstalled. Note: Use anti-seize when installing.

Reactions: Irun
Probably most of you have already thought of this, so ignore away. I have had my control arms on for about a year and thought I could tweak them a RCH or two while on an OCD quest for perfection. Those suckers would not budge. The control arm's threads were seized tight. I had to remove them entirely put them in the vice and get medieval on them to free them up. Not rusted or crossed, just stuck tight. Cleaned them up, slathered them in anti-seize and reinstalled. Note: Use anti-seize when installing.

This is good advice...don't be stingy with the anti-seize! You'll be happy later! :)