Aftermarket Camshaft Position Sensor Recommendation

ChefChristian

New here! Just bought my Wrangler and it seems to be a common issue. The check engine light is on throwing the code for the sensor. I've taken it to the mechanic they try to put an aftermarket sensor on it they rejected it and they recommended only Mopar. Problem is those are all discontinued online everywhere you look! So my question is what have you all used out there as an aftermarket sensor that has or hasn't worked successfully?

That link says it doesn't work for an '06. Is the '05 different? Should I get one now just in case? I did that for the fuel pump assy.
Sorry to latch on to your thread.

OEM only with Cam and crank sensors you will thank us later. especially when your not replacing it again in 3mo.

You can always try car-part.com to get original sensors (generally higher recommended, even as opposed to current mopar stock).

just be sure to get pictures, they wanted to sell me a crank sensor but called it a cam sensor.

Reactions: Apparition
The only ones I've ever heard of working and not having issues are OE Mopar sensors.

All the aftermarket brands have issues to my knowledge (this is well documented).

Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can get the sensors anymore as Mopar no longer makes them.

That link says it doesn't work for an '06. Is the '05 different? Should I get one now just in case? I did that for the fuel pump assy.
Sorry to latch on to your thread.

According to the part diagrams that one only works for 01-04 TJs, which were pre-OPDA.

So that one won't work for you.

The reviews say otherwise

Its sold and fulfilled by Amazon Prime. Not sure if you’ve ever ordered via Amazon a Prime before, but returns are painless and you get your money back before they even get the item back.

You have nothing to lose whatsoever. Like I said, I ordered two.

If they arrive and they aren’t genuine Mopar, I’ll send them back no problems whatsoever.

Its sold and fulfilled by Amazon Prime. Not sure if you’ve ever ordered via Amazon a Prime before, but returns are painless and you get your money back before they even get the item back.

You have nothing to lose whatsoever. Like I said, I ordered two.

If they arrive and they aren’t genuine Mopar, I’ll send them back no problems whatsoever.
I ordered one also, I think I have one in the garage somewhere already.

Thanks! Ordered 2 myself. Only 2 remaining after my order. Also got 2 crank sensors while I was at it. Not a 'Prime' site, but they had them and had good reviews. How long can you expect these sensors to last? I'm at about 150,000 mi, but running nicely. Installed a Crown OPDA last year but kept the old one as it was working fine when I pulled it.

I got these earlier today from the link @Chris posted. One on the left is a new one and the right is a "Used - Like New" that I ended up ordering since it was just a bit over $10 and only had a damaged packaging.

IMG_20200805_150419.jpgIMG_20200805_150428.jpgIMG_20200805_150508.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200805150533898_COVER.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200805150546855_COVER.jpgIMG_20200805_150628.jpg

I got these earlier today from the link @Chris posted. One on the left is a new one and the right is a "Used - Like New" that I ended up ordering since it was just a bit over $10 and only had a damaged packaging.

View attachment 181801View attachment 181802View attachment 181803View attachment 181804View attachment 181805View attachment 181806

I got mine today (two of them) as well.

Both came in Mopar packaging and appear to be OEM parts.

I'm surprised they are made in China, but maybe not so much, since that's where a lot of electronics are made.

Reactions: il buono
I ordered from the link and it was a genuine Mopar. Just installed it and jeep started right up and the light is off 🤩