Alignment question

Hcwlsu101

TJ Enthusiast
I just added adjustable control arms and a 3 inch lift to my LJ. I have always performed my own alignment of Toe using alignment plates with no issues. Now that I have added the adjustable control arms do I need a shop to align? My wheels appear to be centered in the wells and my pinion angle is good.

As long as the control arms are set at the same&appropriate length I don't see why I would take it to a shop,No vibrations no wandering then no problems! It seems you got it under control 😁
Once I get some adj. Control arms I'd do it myself,I can't trust shops,unless it's something I truly can't do i.e transmissions!

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I wasn't really able to do my own alignment until I got adjustable control arms. I was able to get it close...but I needed the additional adjustments.

-Mac

I just added adjustable control arms and a 3 inch lift to my LJ. I have always performed my own alignment of Toe using alignment plates with no issues. Now that I have added the adjustable control arms do I need a shop to align? My wheels appear to be centered in the wells and my pinion angle is good.

No, I don't think so personally. If you've added them, and adjusted them correctly, doing the toe in is the same as it was before you added the lift. I've got 4" springs and arms etc, and do a toe in on my own after work I do, no issues.

As long as the control arms are set at the same&appropriate length I don't see why I would take it to a shop

Adjustable control arms will not necessarily be the same length (right to left).
Check the axle for being square to the frame and having no bind when installing the CA bolts.
The lengths will be whatever they need to be.

Reactions: D's Jeep Wrld