Alignment Readout

JeepGirl1013

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I did the steering upgrade earlier this year and tried to do my own alignment šŸ˜‚ it couldā€™ve been worse I guess. Finally took it in for a balance and alignment so I could get a readout.

I have a 3ā€ lift. What do I need to do to make my geometry better?

Also they said I have excessive play in my steering box so they couldnā€™t get the wheel straight. Iā€™ve read that I shouldnā€™t just try to tighten it. How do I know when itā€™s time to replace it?

IMG_9201.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like you went from 1/8" toe out to 1/8" toe in.

Nothing looks alarming. You could have more caster if the steering feels light and flighty.

Reactions: LONGJP2
I do have stock control arms. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d need adjustable with a 3ā€ lift šŸ˜“ added to the listā€¦

What size are your tires? Your caster is below spec but required caster drops with increasing tire size, so you're probably just fine there.

Your thrust angle is just a hair out. Nothing to do with the lift, probably just manufacturing tolerances in the cont4ol arm mount locations. This would require adjustable (rear) arms to fix but it's not out by enough that you'll ever notice or have any problems. I drove my first TJ for 2 years with twice that and never knew until I finally had an alignment done.

What size are your tires? Your caster is below spec but required caster drops with increasing tire size, so you're probably just fine there.

Your thrust angle is just a hair out. Nothing to do with the lift, probably just manufacturing tolerances in the cont4ol arm mount locations. This would require adjustable (rear) arms to fix but it's not out by enough that you'll ever notice or have any problems. I drove my first TJ for 2 years with twice that and never knew until I finally had an alignment done.

33ā€