American Trails

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
An NRT is a "National Recreation Trail", some of you have probably seen a trail sign in the curved triangle shape, those are all NRT's. Anyway they are all owned and funded by the National Park Service and American Trails. Each year they have a photo contest involving their trails and they have a winner for each of the trail categories. Most are hiking and biking trails, watercraft trails, equestrian trails, snow trails, and OHV trails.

Montana here has hundreds of these trails and one of my local Jeep trails happens to also be an NRT, so I submitted a few pictures of my Jeep on the Blacktail Wild Bill OHV Trail and they chose one of my photos as a winner in the OHV Trail category!

Now winning doesn't do anything besides give that particular trail a sliver of exposure on a national level through their program and magazine/website but its pretty cool in the sense that for the winners they chose, they send you a professional high quality print of your photo and its presented in award format, along with a cool letter and a copy of the magazine that your picture is published in. So I just got all that in the mail and wanted to share! :D

Needless to say, I think this will look pretty cool framed up on the shop wall!

If anyone is interested in submitting photos to this years contest here is a link to the "American Trails" photo contest! PS: Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado, Kentucky, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington are states that I know have Jeep trails that are eligible NRT's!