Any advice on 2.4 engine?

Keep your tires small, and don't waste money on exhaust, or air intakes. jP magazine did a bunch of bolt on mods to a 4 cyl. Jeep. When they were done, they picked up a few horsepower at redline, but lost torque. It actually felt slower. At the end of the write up, they said, live and learn. Just maintain it.

Reactions: billiebob and YakTJ
Running in top form, keep the Jeep light, keep tire size reasonable (33 max), and gear it deep. I have the 2.4/6spd/4.88 combo on 31's and it works well.

Reactions: billiebob
Running in top form, keep the Jeep light, keep tire size reasonable (33 max), and gear it deep. I have the 2.4/6spd/4.88 combo on 31's and it works well.
4.88 on 31's with a 6 speed. You much have an ultra crawl in 4lo in 1st. That could be a nice thing to have.

Do not touch the engine.
Go for weight reduction.
No Gobi racks
Keep the stock bumper unless you find a lighter one.
Do you really need a spare?

E-Lockers are lighter, simpler, better than a winch.
Carry a cell phone, AAA and tell yer family where you are going beats the heck out of carrying spare parts.

Keep it light.
Gearing/Tire size is critical with the SE.
Think 31s/4.56, 32s/4.88.

And stay off the expressways.
The SE is maybe the best off road combination.

My dream is either an SE or a CJ2.

What about it running rough, even after changing the TPS. Any other idea? THANKS!!!!
assuming you have changed plugs and wires, checked distributor cap and rotor. assuming its the 97 in your profile.
You can try cleaning your IAC Idle Air Controller. its right on the throttle body.
along with throttle body.

if you are still having problems and have a few miles on it 100k+ i would run a compression test ( free loan a tool ).