Any ideas on how to restore my dash?

SafariRumbler

TJ Enthusiast
The previous owner of my Jeep diamond plated my dash. I have a very little budget and just want to make it more appealing. I’ve thought about bending and shining up the diamond plate and painting the dash pieces. What paint works and I’m not sure if I want spray paint because it peels.

I’ve already tried that stuff that’s called back to black, I’m pretty sure it needs painting. While I’m doing it is there anything else I can do? I’m pretty handy with metal work, anybody doe. A metal dash like the old CJs?

Spray paint won't peel if prepped properly. Clean it up best you can, use a good quality primer and have at it with a rattle can.

I think a metal CJ-like dash would be very impressive but I can't even imagine how long it would take to make one work in a TJ.

I'm also amazed at the amount of work that probably went into that diamond plate that still ended up not looking too good.

If I was pretty handy with metal work, I'd try to rebuild or replace the diamond plate to get rid of the various visible seams and screws.

I think a metal CJ-like dash would be very impressive but I can't even imagine how long it would take to make one work in a TJ.

I'm also amazed at the amount of work that probably went into that diamond plate that still ended up not looking too good.

If I was pretty handy with metal work, I'd try to rebuild or replace the diamond plate to get rid of the various visible seams and screws.

lol diamond plate is expensive too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had good luck panting interior as well as exterior pieces with Rustoleum Trim and Bumper paint. If you could find a used replacement bezel you could paint it all the same color. Would be pretty cheap but dont know what other pieces you might need beyond the bezel.