Washington Any TJ owners in the Seattle / Puget Sound area?

DrDanger

Hey y'all,

So I am an engineering student graduating and moving out to Seattle in June, I am a new TJ owner and a newbie to the club. I want to get connected with the TJ community and I didn't know if there are any of you guys here in this forum. If you are please let me know because I really want to connect with the community in order to take full advantage of my TJ on the beautiful backroads of Washington State! Here is a picture of my baby.
Brooke.jpg

Very Respectfully,

A newbie

Awesome TJ! I'm in the Seattle area, always open to go off-roading!

Unless you're stuck on only wheeling with TJ's... best bet is to get hooked up with one of the local clubs in the area. 90% of my local wheeling trips are with my fellow club members. Also a good way to get with people who know the local spots etc.

Also check out the PNW4WDA... (Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association)... they work to keep our trails clean/open and most of the local clubs are members/represented. With the club I'm in for example, my club dues cover the PNW4WDA membership as well.

At one time I thought there was a member map on there showing members locations, but I can't find it now.

Welcome to the forum and there are a few of us from the PNW area. I'm about 95 east of Seattle but also a lot closer to some of the best wheeling areas in the state.

Look here for clubs in the Seattle area.

https://www.pnw4wda.org/

Hey y'all,

So I am an engineering student graduating and moving out to Seattle in June, I am a new TJ owner and a newbie to the club. I want to get connected with the TJ community and I didn't know if there are any of you guys here in this forum. If you are please let me know because I really want to connect with the community in order to take full advantage of my TJ on the beautiful backroads of Washington State! Here is a picture of my baby.
View attachment 253349
Very Respectfully,

A newbie
I would never claim to be from Seattle but i am north of that cesspool by about 45 minutes. :) Are you working for an aerospace company? There's some pretty fun stuff to do offroad around here. I agree clubs are great for getting into the sport because they're all about like teaching and helping and not drunk driving offroad which seems to be the common alternative.

I would never claim to be from Seattle but i am north of that cesspool by about 45 minutes. :) Are you working for an aerospace company? There's some pretty fun stuff to do offroad around here. I agree clubs are great for getting into the sport because they're all about like teaching and helping and not drunk driving offroad which seems to be the common alternative.

If traffic wasn't so FUCKED you'd only be about XX minutes north as I remember it. But I also use to be able to make from Everett to Seattle in 30 minutes when I was a youngster.

As he said clubs are a good place to learn. And there are some good ones in the area.

Oh man, the traffic is awful. You really gotta hit certain time windows to make it through Seattle in a timely maner.

Oh man, the traffic is awful. You really gotta hit certain time windows to make it through Seattle in a timely maner.
Actually, since the pandemic started, traffic has been way better than it used to be... even now with stuff reopening it's been better. I commute from Bothell to Georgetown and it's like 20 minutes less than it was prior to 2020

Reactions: B00mb00m and Vasq
Hey y'all,

View attachment 253349
Very Respectfully,

A newbie
Hey! My buddy and I just snagged some TJ's and have been out a couple times already. I've got a 2000 stock and he's got a 99 on 35's. We just went out and attempted Sugarloaf Peak and were unsuccesful due to a few feet of slushy snow (coming from the south side), beautiful trails east of the mountains!

Reactions: Vasq
Hey! My buddy and I just snagged some TJ's and have been out a couple times already. I've got a 2000 stock and he's got a 99 on 35's. We just went out and attempted Sugarloaf Peak and were unsuccesful due to a few feet of slushy snow (coming from the south side), beautiful trails east of the mountains!
very nice, and welcome!

I’m in Renton, just south of Seattle, I have a decent group of dirtbags I wheel with. We all did the club thing for a bit and enjoyed them while we were doing it but grew out of them and now just do our own thing. The pnw4wda is a great place to meet wheelers and find good wheeling spots though.

Reactions: tombicon