Arkansas Anyone from Arkansas on here?

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
I see an LJ for sale in Little Rock. Low mileage. Been registered in Little Rock its whole life. I see the average snow fall is only 4 inches there. Anyone know if they use much road salt there? I only have experience in obvious rust areas like central IL or obvious no road salt areas like southern CA and Northern FL.

Where it's registered and how much salt they use does not tell you where or when it was driven. However, maybe someone from Arkansas could actually go look at it for you?

I get that, but it is an indication of the potential frame condition.
Do they have the VIN posted? I always check out the sold to and ship to to see where it started life. I see quite a few here in CA that look good but then when I run the build sheet they are from Michigan or Ohio so they get cheked off the list.

I see an LJ for sale in Little Rock. Low mileage. Been registered in Little Rock its whole life. I see the average snow fall is only 4 inches there. Anyone know if they use much road salt there? I only have experience in obvious rust areas like central IL or obvious no road salt areas like southern CA and Northern FL.
Just did a search on google and here is what it said about salting roads in Arkansas;
"Salt and brine mixtures can wreak havoc on brake lines, fuel tanks and exhaust systems. It can also cause body damage to your car. ... In Arkansas, the transportation department sprays super concentrated salt water on roadways, along with salt rock treated with beet juice."

Do they have the VIN posted? I always check out the sold to and ship to to see where it started life. I see quite a few here in CA that look good but then when I run the build sheet they are from Michigan or Ohio so they get cheked off the list.
Yeah, VIN is posted and they have a link to carfax. Delivered to Arkansas on the build sheet.

Just did a search on google and here is what it said about salting roads in Arkansas;
"Salt and brine mixtures can wreak havoc on brake lines, fuel tanks and exhaust systems. It can also cause body damage to your car. ... In Arkansas, the transportation department sprays super concentrated salt water on roadways, along with salt rock treated with beet juice."
That sucks. I know what damage salt can do, just did not know how much they used it in that area with only 4 inches of average snowfall per year.

I couldn’t tell you how much salt is used around Little Rock but not much salt is used where I live, 3 hours away. However larger cities tend to use it more often to prevent ice and accidents. It actually rarely snows here anymore.

Also depends if the Jeep were driven when the salt was out. My 06 grew up in NY, but has minimal rust. Not even between the skid plate and frame. It's the only TJ I've seen up here with so little rust. It must have been a summer only TJ. And I am hoping to keep it that way.

Reactions: LONGJP2 and Fonz54
Yeah, registration location is only one indicator. This Arkansas Jeep was driven under 4k per year by its owner. That could be all Summer or all Winter. I asked the salesman to send pics. Waiting on those.

Finally got some pics from the dealer.

IMG_1556.jpeg

IMG_1554.jpeg

1580330954917.jpeg

1580330976886.jpeg

Strange that this got moved to the regional forums. I would think those are for people who are wanting to get a group of people together from a certain area. I was just curious if anyone from Arkansas could give me some idea of how much salt is used on the roads as I am considering buying a Jeep thats been registered in Arkansas.

I would be surprised if you ran into a rust problem due to salted roads in LR. Icy roads are a rare occurrence in that part of the state. If it spits snow in LR, everything shuts down because people don't know how to drive in it. It happens, but rare.

Thought of this thread today. I pulled my carpet to give it a good pressure wash.

Thought I’d take pics of 18 year old TJ Floorpans to show you what MOST Jeeps who’ve spent their life in Central Arkansas look like.

I emphasized most because I’m sure there are exceptions to the norm

AEDA8395-D10A-40D7-8D57-82BE1AB04589.jpeg

804C2976-66D4-4A20-959B-61A8FBC5940C.jpeg

CAB9F5B6-303A-4CFA-BDA8-7A7130F2FBC3.jpeg
06C49668-A64C-4085-86F3-A23835BBD3AE.jpeg
C8E5707B-30B8-44EA-9A38-5342BE9BF5E0.jpeg
8814C57B-7F56-4588-8403-3DE79720BC92.jpeg

Reactions: Tjrubicon