Anyone still looking for 35x12.50r15 Goodyear MTR Kevlar tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TRE3TOP

3BDE78A0-8211-41C7-8543-8112372C0051.jpg

I can’t post a link because “rockcrawling classifieds” is a private group so it wouldn’t help. But this seems like a pretty good deal for those of y’all who really like these tires.

Reactions: JMT
Is that the wrong wheel size?
My experience with a 10" wheel wasn't a good one. Depending on the terrain, I will air a non-beadlock wheel down to 8-10 psi. On 8 - 9" wheels I've never had a problem. I ran a set of 35x12.50R15 MTRs on a 10" wheel, at the same pressure, and lost a bead. That only happened once, but in combination with the way the Jeep tracked on the road, and looks, that was enough for me not to like them. To be fair, I've known others who have run them with no issues.

My experience with a 10" wheel wasn't a good one. Depending on the terrain, I will air a non-beadlock wheel down to 8-10 psi. On 8 - 9" wheels I've never had a problem. I ran a set of 35x12.50R15 MTRs on a 10" wheel, at the same pressure, and lost a bead. That only happened once, but in combination with the way the Jeep tracked on the road, and looks, that was enough for me not to like them. To be fair, I've known others who have run them with no issues.
It’s not the wrong one per say, I would go with an 8-8.5” to give a little more sidewall bulge and tuck the lip in a little more. 10” would be more likely to burp before than 8” if you are aided down low off road.
Aha I see that does make sense. Thanks guys. Now I'm officially not an amateur

• Love
Reactions: Irun and TRE3TOP
It's interesting that every time I see a set of these they're on 10" wheels. :unsure:

10” wheels…It’s a WA thing. 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.