Anyone use limb risers?

Shwane

Backcountry Jeeper
Supporting Member
Anyone use them? Do they work?

The trails I run are tight and have foliage across them 90% of the time. It's a little nerve racking hearing that dull thud when they hit the windshield. Figured someone tried them here. Something like below...

248215.jpg

I have a set on my jeep. They work great. And yes we are on some crazy trails sometimes. Had two trails up at Windrock last month that was pretty bad. They did the job. Mine have quick disconnects on them so I can take them off when I don't need them.
This is what I have.
https://steinjager.com/shop/Limb-Riser-Kit-1997-2006

I was able to test them out. They work ok for me, if I could mount them higher they would work better, but once I get the tent off my lid they will function a lot better so they don't hang up on it. The branches and what not will still contact the gobi rack, but unless I'm doing 50 mph, it won't hurt that thing at all.
20180213_121605.jpg

I was able to test them out. They work ok for me, if I could mount them higher they would work better, but once I get the tent off my lid they will function a lot better so they don't hang up on it. The branches and what not will still contact the gobi rack, but unless I'm doing 50 mph, it won't hurt that thing at all.View attachment 32585

Good looking setup Shwane

I was able to test them out. They work ok for me, if I could mount them higher they would work better, but once I get the tent off my lid they will function a lot better so they don't hang up on it. The branches and what not will still contact the gobi rack, but unless I'm doing 50 mph, it won't hurt that thing at all.View attachment 32585
What rear flares are you running? And how far do they extend out from the tub of the Jeep? They look nice.