Anyone use the BDS NX2 shocks?

lilflippy

Anyone use these looking for some feedback thanks

20170717_174606-Front pass DONE incl steering.jpg

Never seen or heard of those before, but they are just re-branded something or another. There are only so many shock manufacturers in the world, and what you'll find is most of these companies (i.e. Rubicon Express) will buy shocks from a big manufacturer (i.e. Bilstein) and re-brand them as their own.

So while I'm not sure who makes those, they definitely aren't made by BDS. The smart thing to do is stick with a known shock such as the Rancho RS5000X.

Reactions: Steel City 06
Never seen or heard of those before, but they are just re-branded something or another. There are only so many shock manufacturers in the world, and what you'll find is most of these companies (i.e. Rubicon Express) will buy shocks from a big manufacturer (i.e. Bilstein) and re-brand them as their own.

So while I'm not sure who makes those, they definitely aren't made by BDS. The smart thing to do is stick with a known shock such as the Rancho RS5000X.

I have some jks dual rate springs and I asked them what shocks do they recommend while using there springs they said either the bds nx2 or fox 2.0

I have been running the NX2 shocks about 1.5 years now. The NX2's came with the simple 2" BDS suspension lift I am running. Chris is right, these shocks are likely made for BDS by another company, as most shocks are only made by a handful of companies. Whoever made them though did a good job in my opinion. BDS and Fox are owned by the same parent company (and also Zone), so they have some good connections and you would think they know whats what with shocks by now. BDS has a good reputation around here, so that is why I decided to go with them. I'm sure others will also stand behind their products too, but I like the BDS "no questions asked warranty" they tout, whatever it is worth. If I need something replaced, I am sure bringing that up,and I can drive right up to Michigan to bug them about it, LOL.

I didn't know much about the Fox shock upgrade at the time when I bought my lift kit, I chose to pass on the upgrade and go with the NX2's. I am glad I gave them chance for my needs, since I really like the way they ride. We have a lot of rough roads around here due to rough winters, and it goes over them like butter at all speeds. I am also running newer 32" BFG K02 @26PSI which contribute to the ride quality. I have used the NX2's mainly on-road, but for what little off-roading I have done, they were also great there too. Before these shocks, I had the popular Bilsteins and I could feel every little bump on the road. They worked fine, just a firmer ride than I wanted for a Jeep. I wanted cushioning and forgiving and the NX2's delivered that much better for me.

Many here will say to run the Rancho RX5000X, and rightly so due to their success and cult-like following. I've not had a chance to try them myself, but they would be a safe choice and likely what I would buy next. The cult following makes me want to try them to compare to the NX2, LOL. Interestingly, if you pull the specs out on the NX2 and the RX5000X, they are designed and made in a very similar fashion. My local dealer says I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in his opinion (he sells and installs both). One thing I will say for sure, from what I have seen locally and online in pictures, the external finish on the Rachos is pretty crappy and they will rust in short order even without off-road use. The NX2 silver finish is much nicer. If you go Rancho, make sure you redo the external finish on the shocks before you install them, or they will rust in short order.

Reactions: Blondie70 and Chris
I have been running the NX2 shocks about 1.5 years now. The NX2's came with the simple 2" BDS suspension lift I am running. Chris is right, these shocks are likely made for BDS by another company, as most shocks are only made by a handful of companies. Whoever made them though did a good job in my opinion. BDS and Fox are owned by the same parent company (and also Zone), so they have some good connections and you would think they know whats what with shocks by now. BDS has a good reputation around here, so that is why I decided to go with them. I'm sure others will also stand behind their products too, but I like the BDS "no questions asked warranty" they tout, whatever it is worth. If I need something replaced, I am sure bringing that up,and I can drive right up to Michigan to bug them about it, LOL.

I didn't know much about the Fox shock upgrade at the time when I bought my lift kit, I chose to pass on the upgrade and go with the NX2's. I am glad I gave them chance for my needs, since I really like the way they ride. We have a lot of rough roads around here due to rough winters, and it goes over them like butter at all speeds. I am also running newer 32" BFG K02 @26PSI which contribute to the ride quality. I have used the NX2's mainly on-road, but for what little off-roading I have done, they were also great there too. Before these shocks, I had the popular Bilsteins and I could feel every little bump on the road. They worked fine, just a firmer ride than I wanted for a Jeep. I wanted cushioning and forgiving and the NX2's delivered that much better for me.

Many here will say to run the Rancho RX5000X, and rightly so due to their success and cult-like following. I've not had a chance to try them myself, but they would be a safe choice and likely what I would buy next. The cult following makes me want to try them to compare to the NX2, LOL. Interestingly, if you pull the specs out on the NX2 and the RX5000X, they are designed and made in a very similar fashion. My local dealer says I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in his opinion (he sells and installs both). One thing I will say for sure, from what I have seen locally and online in pictures, the external finish on the Rachos is pretty crappy and they will rust in short order even without off-road use. The NX2 silver finish is much nicer. If you go Rancho, make sure you redo the external finish on the shocks before you install them, or they will rust in short order.
I read that the same company that owns fox, bds and zone also own jks manufacturing as well

I read that the same company that owns fox, bds and zone also own jks manufacturing as well
True, I forgot to mention JKS is also in there with the Sport Truck USA group. How could I forget, their quick disconnects were also in the kit I have.

I have a 2006 I was thinking about running the same BDS setup and tire size. I emailed JKS and BDS (same company) and the same product rep. got back to me. He said they design the shock specs and they are made by Gabriel. I have beed undecided about the shocks but you seem to like them, to many on the market. Did you add a new track bar to the front?

Based on that pic the OP posted, they could be the best shocks in the world, but will still ride like crap with only 2" of up travel before the jounces are hitting those bump stop extensions.