Are you kidding me? How is ___________ on TV?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Ever see a show where you wonder how in the hell this show is actually on TV? One of those shows where you wonder how the ratings are actually good enough to keep it on TV... which means that a lot of people must actually watch it, otherwise it wouldn't be on TV.

So, fill in the blank with that TV show that comes to mind for you.

How is ___________ on TV?

For me, it's none other than "The View" (with The Bachelor and The Bachelorette coming in a close second).

The New York Yankees, why does anyone watch them?

I will throw out just about anything on ABC, which coincidentally aligns with your top 3, but to pick something specific, last week I got home from work and saw some awful show on TV with Jennifer Lopez, World of Dance.

Reactions: Chris
The New York Yankees, why does anyone watch them?

I will throw out just about anything on ABC, which coincidentally aligns with your top 3, but to pick something specific, last week I got home from work and saw some awful show on TV with Jennifer Lopez, World of Dance.

OK I'll bite, what's wrong with watching the Yankees, unless you a Red Sux fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: tquig01
I know I will get crap for this but....GOLF!
Speaking of golf, why are all the sports networks so enamored with Tiger Woods? He could be in 20th place, and all the cameras are focused on him and everything he does. The actual winner of the tournament is always an 'oh, by the way, so-and-so won by ten strokes'...

If I never saw another interview with him or Lebron James, it would be too soon.

Reactions: Chris and cliffish
I can’t stand Tiger Woods, or that Olympian Lindsey Vonn that he was seeing.

Reactions: EJD and Chris
I'd say most of the reality TV shows.....Geordie/Jersey Shore, Kardashians or those cooking/baking ones. Its more drama than a children's beauty pageant..sheeesh !! (and they even have a show for that too now :BangHead: )
It just seems full of people who yell and scream at anything, and pick a fight because somebody left the toilet seat up. lol

Last edited:
Any news channel. Sorry, but the news is so slanted most of the time that I feel it's not reporting anything, it's more like programming you on what to think. Screw that noise...
Right, CBS and NBC are libera, FOX was known as being conservative, but they’re really moderate. WTH, there’s no honest reporting, it’s all pre-interpreted to push an agenda. I don’t even need to watch it to know what they are going to say.

Any news channel. Sorry, but the news is so slanted most of the time that I feel it's not reporting anything, it's more like programming you on what to think. Screw that noise...

This is true. The news isn't news anymore, it's sensationalism.

For instance... why am I alway hearing about this Stormy Daniels thing? How on earth is that news? That's nothing more than smut that the "news" is using as sensationalism they use to promote their agenda. I absolutely refuse to watch the "news".

For instance... why am I alway hearing about this Stormy Daniels thing? How on earth is that news? That's nothing more than smut that the "news" is using as sensationalism they use to promote their agenda. I absolutely refuse to watch the "news".

The "news" cannot even get the weather correct, and Waze is much better for local commuting traffic.

OK i'll bite, what's wrong with watching the Yankees, unless you a Red Sux fan.

Correct, just poking fun as I am Masshole

Reactions: Chris

+1 on this. Although it seems like the Omarosa crap is taking the spotlight for now. I mean, we have some really terrible TV news coverage, but the reality show over-the-top drama has really spilled over into politics so much recently, I imagine that it's hard for any news network to cover what's going on without getting at least a bit tied up in it.

But beyond the news, here's my other additions (although some of these are more Netflix-focused):
How is Insatiable on TV?
How is Adam Sandler still on TV (I mean, yea, he was funny in the 90s, but his recent stuff has really gone downhill)?
How is Shark Week still on TV?
How is almost every reality show still on TV?

Right, CBS and NBC are libera, FOX was known as being conservative, but they’re really moderate. WTH, there’s no honest reporting, it’s all pre-interpreted to push an agenda. I don’t even need to watch it to know what they are going to say.

lol, did I read that correctly?? You did not just call Fox news "moderate" I hope! It is as far right as CNN is left. BBC news would be considered "moderate".

I stopped watching news months ago, best thing I ever did.

I'd say most of the reality TV shows.....Geordie/Jersey Shore, Kardashians or those cooking/baking ones. Its more drama than a children's beauty pageant..sheeesh !! (and they even have a show for that too now :BangHead: )
It just seems full of people who yell and scream at anything, and pick a fight because somebody they left the toilet seat up. lol

The second that I am watching a show and see that the premise of the "entertainment" is based on strife between between people I turn it off.