Automaker-Funded Groups Are Using Fear Mongering To Take Away Your Right To Repair Your Car

Uh-huh. So don't build a FUCKING smartphone into the car if you the manufacturer are Oh-so-concerned about this bogus "stalking" crap.

Reactions: Chris
Tractors have been doing that for years. That's why my dad sold his tractor for way more than he paid for it in 1970. Dumb diesel that you could pull start.

Yeah, I've heard some of the older John Deers are selling for more than the new ones.

I haven't seen any of those commercials on tv, but I've seen a lot of signs on the side of the road supporting right to repair.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Regarding John Deere and Apple, look up the right-to-repair laws that farmers have been fighting with them over for years.

JD can get absolutely bent.

I hate what they've done, and are continuing to do, to some of the hardest working Americans to ever walk this earth.

When I think about stuff like this (screw John Deere BTW), I think that it creates a great opportunity for competition to come along and offer a better solution. It sounds like Kubota may be good competition.

A phone is one thing (I could care less that my iPhone is a closed system and not open source), but when it comes to my vehicles, you can damn well bet I don't want to own anything where I don't have the right to work on it myself.