AX-5 transmission dumping fluid

sawyer5421

So i have had my 98 tj 2.5l for about 3 years, blew my synchros in 1 and 2, so i bought a good trans out of a 80’s xj, i put it in with a new output shaft seal, drove it about 3 miles and the whole bottom of the jeep is covered in gear oil, has an ax-5 btw, so i thought maybe i put the seal in wrong, so i pulled it apart and replaced it again making sure it was correct, once again dumped a ton of fluid in under a mile, so i repeated this process 2 more times to no success, it’s coming out the weep hole and it’s for sure coming out the trans not the tcase, please someone have an idea how to fix this, also i was stupid and filled it through the do not remove plug because i was in a rush and excited, so maybe i overfilled it if that’s higher than the full plug i don’t know?

After installing several new seals and there is still a leak; have you verified the shaft has no scoring and the shaft dimensions of the new transmission are the same as the old transmission ? There may be a difference in shafts between the years...

After installing several new seals and there is still a leak; have you verified the shaft has no scoring and the shaft dimensions of the new transmission are the same as the old transmission ? There may be a difference in shafts between the years...
Yes, i put the seal for it on the tcase and it is tight on it, shaft is hardly worn only has 80k miles on it, no scoring or excessibve wear, didn’t leak with old transmission at all either

Inspect the recessed area where the seal is pressed into to ensure there isn't a hair line crack in the metal.
Alright I’ll check soon, i used rtv on this last seal, but with how much fluid comes out you would think there’s no seal and 30 psi of pressure blowing it out

Is the trans breather plugged? and yes IIRC the "dont touch" bolt is higher than the filler on the other side by quite a bit I recall.

Is the trans breather plugged? and yes IIRC the "dont touch" bolt is higher than the filler on the other side by quite a bit I recall.
Yes I used the fill plug on on the passenger side, I’m not sure on the breather plug. Some are saying it’s not one and some are saying it’s a short plug just in front of the shifter. How do I know if it’s not working correct? I saw were someone pulled there’s off and put a hose on it and ran to the firewall like the transfer case breather is