Best top door top bag

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
I just bought a Bestop Door top bag. It is finally the time I can take my top off and since the door tops don't usually come with a new top I really want to protect them. I paid something like 60 bucks for a door bag and when I went to unzip it the lanyard came off and the zipper didn't even move, so I unzipped the other side and it unzipped fine. Then I forced the other one to unzip. Then I zipped up the side that unzipped all of the way to the other side and the bag just fell open behind it. I didn't even put anything in it yet.

the bag itself seems pretty quality but the zipper absolutely broke upon first use of the zipper not even the first use of the bag. The bag is all dusty from the garage so it looks like I dragged it behind my jeep. It looks like it will be super hard to keep clean.

I sent Bestop an email to see what they have to say, I hope they take care of it but I probably just want a refund unless someone here can tell me they have one that seems to be quality.

The instructions say that the bag is constructed with the best quality materials. If that is the case, I am super worried about the quality of Bestop products.

Seriously I didn't even put the door tops in yet and the lanyard broke and the zipper broke. The zipper seems super cheap and too small for the actual fabric. The fabric other than trying to keep it clean does seem pretty quality. I am perplexed.

What kind of experience have you guys had?

I just bought a Bestop Door top bag. It is finally the time I can take my top off and since the door tops don't usually come with a new top I really want to protect them. I paid something like 60 bucks for a door bag and when I went to unzip it the lanyard came off and the zipper didn't even move, so I unzipped the other side and it unzipped fine. Then I forced the other one to unzip. Then I zipped up the side that unzipped all of the way to the other side and the bag just fell open behind it. I didn't even put anything in it yet.

the bag itself seems pretty quality but the zipper absolutely broke upon first use of the zipper not even the first use of the bag. The bag is all dusty from the garage so it looks like I dragged it behind my jeep. It looks like it will be super hard to keep clean.

I sent Bestop an email to see what they have to say, I hope they take care of it but I probably just want a refund unless someone here can tell me they have one that seems to be quality.

The instructions say that the bag is constructed with the best quality materials. If that is the case, I am super worried about the quality of Bestop products.

Seriously I didn't even put the door tops in yet and the lanyard broke and the zipper broke. The zipper seems super cheap and too small for the actual fabric. The fabric other than trying to keep it clean does seem pretty quality. I am perplexed.

What kind of experience have you guys had?
A call to Bestop will get you a new one.

Update*

Well I called Bestop and they told me since I bought it from Summit Racing there is nothing they can do. I have to send it back to Summit.

Since they weren't going to warranty it, and it really seems to be garbage. I mean the bag seems really nice but the zipper wasn't much better than a zip lock bag. You would think that from a company that makes convertible tops, they would put nicer zippers on their bags. If this was my first experience with Bestop, it would be my last. I would expect the same quality in the storage bag as the top itself. This is not the case.

If you are thinking about a storage bag for you top gear, I wouldn't waste the money it is way way too expensive, and in my case the zipper broke right out of the git go. I wouldn't expect it to last much longer if it hadn't

I feel lucky enough that I could still send it back for a refund.

I would not recommend this to anybody. I wouldn't even recommend it for 20 bucks and it was 60.

Update*

Well I called Bestop and they told me since I bought it from Summit Racing there is nothing they can do. I have to send it back to Summit.

Since they weren't going to warranty it, and it really seems to be garbage. I mean the bag seems really nice but the zipper wasn't much better than a zip lock bag. You would think that from a company that makes convertible tops, they would put nicer zippers on their bags. If this was my first experience with Bestop, it would be my last. I would expect the same quality in the storage bag as the top itself. This is not the case.

If you are thinking about a storage bag for you top gear, I wouldn't waste the money it is way way too expensive, and in my case the zipper broke right out of the git go. I wouldn't expect it to last much longer if it hadn't

I feel lucky enough that I could still send it back for a refund.

I would not recommend this to anybody. I wouldn't even recommend it for 20 bucks and it was 60.
I am surprised that Bestop wouldn't stand behind one of their products, and sent you back to Summit. Lousy customer service.

Honestly, The bag(zippers) wasn't very quality, and I am not confident that another one would be much better. I am betting if they did send me a new one the zipper would fail sooner than later. I think in this case a refund is probably the best. I hope I can save someone else the headache of the crappy bag. I think a good 20 dollar moving blanket or even a plastic garbage bag would be better and considerably cheaper.

I am not sure how much more it would be, but I think they should just use the zipper from the top. I would pay more if that was the case, but the material is like the top material, but the zippers are more like the zipper on the roll bar covers.

Honestly, The bag(zippers) wasn't very quality, and I am not confident that another one would be much better. I am betting if they did send me a new one the zipper would fail sooner than later. I think in this case a refund is probably the best. I hope I can save someone else the headache of the crappy bag. I think a good 20 dollar moving blanket or even a plastic garbage bag would be better and considerably cheaper.

I am not sure how much more it would be, but I think they should just use the zipper from the top. I would pay more if that was the case, but the material is like the top material, but the zippers are more like the zipper on the roll bar covers.
Do you have the dimensions of the door tops - width, and top of door to the bottom of the door pins? I may have a solution that is completely from another direction...

Last edited:
Do you have the dimensions of the door tops - width, and top of door to the bottom of the door pins? I may have a solution that is completely from another direction...

I am at work now, but I can try and get out to the garage tonight.