Bestop doors

ohiopatriot

TJ Enthusiast
Anybody running these or know someone who does?

Just got my doors off that hadn't ever been removed, and would like options for the rapidly changing Ohio weather.
15188111120811785523136.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I ran similar ones from Bestop on my CJ5 way back. Worked fine to keep the rain off, light weight to store. The CJ version at interstate speeds flapped a bit.

Reactions: ohiopatriot
I've got them. I keep them secured in the back of my TJ for bad weather because my full steel doors usually stay in the garage when I'm out and about. Don't use them to outright replace steel doors.

When I'm on a road trip and towing the Jeep, I keep the steel doors on and then take them off when I get to my destination. They either get locked up in the back of the pick-up truck or in the hotel room.

They likely won't match up perfectly with the tub when you put them on for the first time, but they can be easily bent to help with fitment.

but they are great to have for the trail, or if the weather is questionable.
View attachment 32112

That's what I was hoping

I've got them. I keep them secured in the back of my TJ for bad weather because my full steel doors usually stay in the garage when I'm out and about. Don't use them to outright replace steel doors.

That's the plan.

Good info! Thanks guys! I'm going to order a set and impatiently wait for the weather to break.

I lucked into these today...

1518910303986906949386.jpg

Came with brand new uppers and the surrounds. Been looking for them, preferably in black,since I got my Jeep. I almost ordered the Bestop ones last night, but for some reason didn't, then these popped up on CL today.

Anyone have OE mirrors for sale?

View attachment 32258

Came with brand new uppers and the surrounds. Been looking for them, preferably in black,since I got my Jeep. I almost ordered the Bestop ones last night, but for some reason didn't, then these popped up on CL today.

Score! Love to have some real half doors!

On and adjusted! Now I'm ready for spring!

Glad you were able to find some!

The only warning I've got with half size steel doors is that you don't want to take them off and store them in the back. If you get into an accident, they become hefty projectiles. I wouldn't even take a chance using straps or bungees to keep them secure.

View attachment 32258

Congrats on the new half doors...I love my steel ones..we can get 4 seasons on one day here too so I know what you mean..its great to have options

View attachment 32258

Talk about all the luck...the ones I ended up buying back from a previous TJ are blue, and I have to get them painted silver...they do have the oem mirrors, though...:p