Bestop HighRock Front Bumper

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Anyone run a Bestop HighRock Front bumper? This one looks like it will do what I need, with the addition of the front grill guard hoop. ( http://www.quadratec.com/products/12050_003X_PG.htm ) I was looking to build a front and rear bumper set, but the price of steel and the time to fabricate has me exploring other options. The rear bumper is still a maybe, as even if I buy one it will still need to be modified to do what needs doing. The front on the other hand... I'm looking for something that will tuck up and cover the whole front from brush. Don't do rocks or tree bashing...just pretty significant brush busting.

Interesting, I did not know they made a bumper. I like it, a lot! It looks great, and if it's as good of quality as the other Bestop stuff then it would be worth it.

Couldn't find it much cheaper on Amazon though: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Y33GAC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Honestly, if you account for the time, material, etc. that you put into fabbing a set of your own bumpers, it almost comes out cheaper just to buy one that's already made. Most people don't take into consideration that time equals money, and they therefore leave that out of the equation.

Reactions: StG58
Anyone run a Bestop HighRock Front bumper? This one looks like it will do what I need, with the addition of the front grill guard hoop. ( http://www.quadratec.com/products/12050_003X_PG.htm ) I was looking to build a front and rear bumper set, but the price of steel and the time to fabricate has me exploring other options. The rear bumper is still a maybe, as even if I buy one it will still need to be modified to do what needs doing. The front on the other hand... I'm looking for something that will tuck up and cover the whole front from brush. Don't do rocks or tree bashing...just pretty significant brush busting.
That is a great looking bumper but just as an option I got mine on ebay for around 225.00. It is a tuff stuff brand and I am very pleased with it.
rubicon 010.jpg
Jeep river 003.jpg

Interesting, I did not know they made a bumper. I like it, a lot! It looks great, and if it's as good of quality as the other Bestop stuff then it would be worth it.

Couldn't find it much cheaper on Amazon though: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Y33GAC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Honestly, if you account for the time, material, etc. that you put into fabbing a set of your own bumpers, it almost comes out cheaper just to buy one that's already made. Most people don't take into consideration that time equals money, and they therefore leave that out of the equation.

It's that whole build / buy decision tree thing, isn't it Chris? I have looked at a whole ton of stuff on the Jeep that I would like to modify, and think to myself; "I can build that!", then realize that a part can be bought that does at least 80% or more of what I want to do. You can spend a lot of time wrapped up in the 80-20 rule and build - buy decision trees. Did an analysis a few months back when the weather around here was extremely lousy, and the difference between finding and building a Euro MilSpec Gelandewagon for off road and building a TJ (both complete) turned out to be almost the same on paper. There were only two or three differences if you only looked at capabilities. G-Wagon was Diesel, parts were a bitch to get and it was fragile compared to the TJ - The TJ is gas, parts are easy and the TJ is not fragile.

It's that whole build / buy decision tree thing, isn't it Chris? I have looked at a whole ton of stuff on the Jeep that I would like to modify, and think to myself; "I can build that!", then realize that a part can be bought that does at least 80% or more of what I want to do. You can spend a lot of time wrapped up in the 80-20 rule and build - buy decision trees. Did an analysis a few months back when the weather around here was extremely lousy, and the difference between finding and building a Euro MilSpec Gelandewagon for off road and building a TJ (both complete) turned out to be almost the same on paper. There were only two or three differences if you only looked at capabilities. G-Wagon was Diesel, parts were a bitch to get and it was fragile compared to the TJ - The TJ is gas, parts are easy and the TJ is not fragile.

I agree. I know sometimes that I can make something that someone else did. But, when I think about the time, money and effort I'll put in, most of the time it ends up being a better idea just to buy it from them.

I love how most people don't seem to take into consideration that time equals money. They say, "Oh yeah, I can do that for a lot cheaper!". Sure, you can... But how much time are you going to spend, and what is your time worth?