BFG KM3 Out of Round

ItchyDong

Easily Offended
Supporting Member
2006 LJ 6-speed is in the shop while I'm deployed to continue chasing a vibe. Vibe shows up at 50ish mph. It seems to get better the faster I go, but it's still present at 70.

All the usual suspects have been attacked. DS angles, disconnecting DS one at a time, u joints, balancing tires 3 times at 3 different places, ball joints, upper CA bushings, new rear track bar bushing/bearing (JKS). The DPG Super Duper Ultimate JKS lift and tires have about 20k on them. This vibe showed up about about 5k ago.

The shop called me today and said that they were going to try to balance the tires on the Jeep. This will be the 4th time tires have been attacked, but the first at this shop and the first time someone tried on the vehicle balancing. He said he got it on the lift and spun the first tire by hand to find that the tire was wobbling up and down about an inch. He went to the remaining tires and got the same result.

I trust this guy, but damn that sounds weird to me. Wobbling like that and I only have a vibe that starts at 50? How on earth would those even remotely balance at any of the previous shops?