BIG stereos in a TJ?

Spic

TJ Enthusiast
Hi all, Im looking to upgrade the stereo in my Jeep, it's a road vehicle more than anything else so I was thinking of enjoying the ride a little more with some loud music, so I was looking at building a sub and amp into the bottom of the rear seat, anyone done this ? I would also like to fit some rear speakers as I don't have a sound bar/pod but not sure where the best place to fit 6x9's would be ? Any suggestions I ideas would be appreciated
Steve

I've never tried them, but something like this may be good for that type of setup:
http://www.selectincrements.com/quadpod.html

1542656048282.png

1542656059341.png

I came across these after I noticed them with the Jeep TJ stuff on Craigslist in my area for $90.

Reactions: derekmac
I've never tried them, but something like this may be good for that type of setup:
http://www.selectincrements.com/quadpod.html

View attachment 64165

View attachment 64166

I came across these after I noticed them with the Jeep TJ stuff on Craigslist in my area for $90.

Second the Pods, a downfire Sun box may work as well. I use one, and worked for a local stereo shop part time. I stack stuff around it, and on it, and it still hits pretty hard. Custom enclosures are also another option, check the local shops for them.
One guy here does particularly great work on Jeep products and motorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mounted a sub in my rear seat, @JMT did so as well, where I got the idea. For speakers I run Polks in front with separate tweeters on the A pillar. I have speakers in the pods, cheapie Kenwoods, but don't like the sound coming directly at the back of my head so I fade them almost completely out. Power, you need it in an open air Jeep, so don't forget an amplifier for the speakers. Mine is 45/ch I believe and it does the job.

HwcC0zHATsuGyGgDmkyVjm1mGLpXEtmmQI5dXy57FRC59ORikhGKAE4NA3ngr4BigILyp_K-4gOx87CBnL=w1113-h626-no.jpg
UCoB7U6rTrPKSxR-skQFLhTv6bnMCI62BEmEvTFG21Nki2cFLy8HHh-A9_WRArZUHxh8aTab1g_epMEwpm=w1113-h626-no.jpg

Like @Rob5589 said, we mounted powered subs in the bottom of the rear seat. We use the PS-8, but I would not hesitate on the Kicker version. Others use the Sound Ordnance.

I’d have trouble finding a way to do 6x9’s. Is buying a sound bar an option? They have some with more speaker options than the stock sound bar.

Some kind of pods like the ones linked to above are also a possibility. Not much room in a TJ, as you know, but a good sound system is not beyond the $500 mark.

I was looking at these rockville units last night, are they 10" and do they have a built in amp ? Are the anygood with just one ? I was thinking of doing the whole Base box thing in the rear seat as my fabrication and wood working skills are good, I guessing from the pics you kept most of the seat surport ? Pods aren't really an option as they rarely come up for sale here in the UK, I guess I could make some and some how fix, weld them to the cage ...