Bikini top with no header bar?

Tom D

I want to remove my hardtop when I get to where I'm going offroading, but I would like to have a bikini top. I do not want to have to carry a header bar along. Any Idea's? I remember my YJ just had a channel on the windshield, so no header needed. I don't think a YJ channel would work on a TJ, though. The top of the frame seems different.
Tom

You can install Bestop's permanent header bar that mounts on the inside frame of the windshield, it can stay in place with hard tops and soft tops. You just have to make sure to get the right Bestop bikini or safari top that is made to work with the header.

On 2002 and older it attaches easily with just screws. On 2003 and newer it mounts the same way but you have to temporarily unsnap/lift off the plastic trim to allow the header to be installed underneath it.

This header provides a long slot across the top that you slide the bikini/safari top sideways into. It works great, much better and easier than the cumbersome "no-drill" header that I finally threw into the trash.

CIMG3899.JPG
CIMG3900.JPG
CIMG3901.JPG

You can install Bestop's permanent header bar that mounts on the inside frame of the windshield, it can stay in place with hard tops and soft tops. You just have to make sure to get the right Bestop bikini or safari top that is made to work with the header.

On 2002 and older it attaches easily with just screws. On 2003 and newer it mounts the same way but you have to temporarily unsnap/lift off the plastic trim to allow the header to be installed underneath it.

This header provides a long slot across the top that you slide the bikini/safari top sideways into. It works great, much better and easier than the cumbersome "no-drill" header that I finally threw into the trash.

View attachment 154984View attachment 154985View attachment 154986
Do you have the part number for the safari top for a 2002

View attachment 154984View attachment 154985View attachment 154986
Can you please confirm this setup will work with an 04' X and be able to put my hardtop on over it with no issues? If so, this is exactly what im looking for! Much appreciated....

I have not found a solution like this for an LJ. I even called Bestop to complain about the no-drill header and they sent me another bikini top but I still have the same problem, the top keeps popping out of the header. I would not mind removing the header but the bikini that goes with the no-drill header is really frustrating.

I have not found a solution like this for an LJ. I even called Bestop to complain about the no-drill header and they sent me another bikini top but I still have the same problem, the top keeps popping out of the header. I would not mind removing the header but the bikini that goes with the no-drill header is really frustrating.
Too bad they don't make the drill-type header for Unlimiteds. Bestop seems to be convinced their no-drill header is awesome but it's definitely not, it's a PITA design.