Blinking Light Left of Steering Column

JHammett

It doesn't go any faster...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hi,

New to Jeeps (bought my Jeep about a month ago) and have really appreciated all the advice and guides I have found on this site.

I just disconnected the battery on my 99 4.0 when I was replacing the spark plugs, spark plugs wires, distr. cap and rotor and after reconnecting everything, I now have a small red led light blinking (when ignition is on or without a key in the ignition) non-stop. Before the work I did today, this light was orange and did not blink. I read through the Owner's Manual (which I found on another thread) and cannot find anything about this light... maybe aftermarket? Not sure what it is for or if I can just ignore it!

Any help/ insight would be appreciated!

Attached a photo to show location.

Image from iOS (356).jpg

Yep, not stock. Mine had an aftermarket alarm removed by the previous owner but the armed LED was still mounted in the defrost panel.

Do you have an alarm system?

I think its an anti theft light there are a lot of dummy lights used without the alarm or immobilizer just a slow blinking light.

Thanks, that is what I figured. I do not have an alarm system so just a dummy light. Might mess around with it eventually and see if I can disconnect it some day when I have nothing better to do.