KennyV

I have a 1997 Tj (with AC that may or may not work)
when I first got this vehicle, the blower motor spun and made noise, but never worked well, in addition to the switch being kinda spiratic (certain speed settings worked others didn’t).Eventually the blower motor stoped working completely. I’m trying to figure out how to find where the issue is without replacing EVERYTHING unless necessary. When I turn the switch, one speed makes the relay behind the glove box click, the others do nothing. I don’t know if that means the switch is fried and only sends enough power to the relay on the highest setting, or if the resistor and blower motor should be replaced as well. Anyway I need it for inspection unless y’all have a simpler idea, I don’t really care if it functions well, just functions.
Also if it’s helpful at all, I have the model where the direction and temperature are a manual slider, not a dial. but the motor speed is still a dial.

I have a 1997 Tj (with AC that may or may not work)
when I first got this vehicle, the blower motor spun and made noise, but never worked well, in addition to the switch being kinda spiratic (certain speed settings worked others didn’t).Eventually the blower motor stoped working completely. I’m trying to figure out how to find where the issue is without replacing EVERYTHING unless necessary. When I turn the switch, one speed makes the relay behind the glove box click, the others do nothing. I don’t know if that means the switch is fried and only sends enough power to the relay on the highest setting, or if the resistor and blower motor should be replaced as well. Anyway I need it for inspection unless y’all have a simpler idea, I don’t really care if it functions well, just functions.
Also if it’s helpful at all, I have the model where the direction and temperature are a manual slider, not a dial. but the motor speed is still a dial.

Start here.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/hvac-heater-blower-motor-resistor.75128/
Plus, there are other similar threads listed at the bottom.