Brake light stays on

GeorgeSully

TJ Enthusiast
So I just put my Jeep back together after a lonely month and now the parking brake light is staying on and I can smell it burning. I’m guessing this is just that one but on the very long annoying bolt that combines the two cables from the axle. Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday after putting my rear axle back in, the constant beeping was driving me crazy! My parking brake won't go down the last two clicks! I was too worn out after putting the axle in to mess with it lol but here to see the cause

Just had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday after putting my rear axle back in, the constant beeping was driving me crazy! My parking brake won't go down the last two clicks! I was too worn out after putting the axle in to mess with it lol but here to see the cause

Good timing lol I’m about to go and try and mess with it now. I’ll let you know if anything happens

Good timing lol I’m about to go and try and mess with it now. I’ll let you know if anything happens

Have you bled your rear brakes yet? I gravity fed them brake fluid to the rear, but didn't have anyone to help me bleed them, so I went on a test drive with just my fronts. I just read that the proportioning valve can sense this differential and it can make the parking brake light stay on.

Have you bled your rear brakes yet? I gravity fed them brake fluid to the rear, but didn't have anyone to help me bleed them, so I went on a test drive with just my fronts. I just read that the proportioning valve can sense this differential and it can make the parking brake light stay on.

Just about to now I’m waiting on a friend to come by and help me

Well I bled the brakes and that didn’t work so I tried loosening the nut to loosen the whole assembly but the light just won’t go off

Well I bled the brakes and that didn’t work so I tried loosening the nut to loosen the whole assembly but the light just won’t go off

Hmmmmm what did we do?? lol

Honestly, I can't think of any good reason why it's doing that, I removed my brake backing plates from the axle then put them back on, so nothing was changed. Gotta be something simple!

Have you tried resetting the proportional valve by stomping on the brake pedal?, like emergency stop braking action...
I just encountered this issue with the light and pressed the brake pedal down hard and it clicked. Light off! I had a rear brake cylinder replaced recently. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. Thanks!