Bronzed Baby Shoes

JEEPCJTJ

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Half way between Pittsburgh and Cleveland
When I was growing up I remember two sets of bronzed baby shoes in our house. One was my shoes, one was my brother's shoes and they were each on a base that held a (maybe) 5 x 7 picture of the original owner, me or him. I imagine that my mom still has them somewhere.

My wife's shoes were also done and somewhere in our basement but her picture between those shoes is a (maybe) 3 x 5 oval. She is 3 yrs younger than me but the style of the oval frame with convex glass (now cracked) makes it look much older than the 5 x 7. My guess on that is because her parents were 15+ years older than mine. Who knows, really.

Anyway, we never had our kids shoes bronzed. To me it just seemed like a way for someone to make some $$$ like Hallmark selling greeting cards.

We didn't even know that was available to have done 25 yrs ago, but apparently it still is:

How many Jeepers here have had their kids shoes done?

I think it was a BFD back in the day. We have both of my wife's parents' bronzed shoes on their ancestor altar.

I didn’t get my first pair of shoes until I was 9 years old. My mom had them bronzed ( size 6-1/2 Keds sneakers) and had them hanging from the rear view mirror of her ‘59 Desoto.