Bubbles in transmission fluid

inlovewithrubi

2004 TJ Rubicon automatic transmission, Iron Rock Off Road long arm lift with MC 4.5" springs. No motor mount lift.
IRO belly skid set to 1/2" drop from zero.
This is my problem, I have the pink milk shake transmission fluid.
No water in transmission. I had the trans flushed professionally, and twice myself after that .
Can this be caused by pan angle / filter sucking air??

ATF that looks like a pink milkshake can be caused by coolant getting into it. My guess is there's a problem with your radiator and it's letting coolant into where the ATF lives.

One thing about coolant or water inside an automatic transmission... time is of the essence getting the transmission flushed to completely get rid of the water/coolant and full of fresh pure coolant. The water will eventually dissolve the glues that hold friction surfaces in place that will soon mandate a compete rebuild of the transmission. https://www.mistertransmission.com/water-in-the-transmission/

if it was my Jeep I'd stop everything and get a sample out for testing. Coolant in the engine oil or transmission are tow truck grade emergencies. The trace silica in the coolant wears out things very fast. If you have coolant in there don't drive, flush it yourself or have it towed for the flush. I don't mean to sound the alarm or anything but it would be a big deal on my rig, DEFCON 2. You can bypass the cooler but you'll have a coolant leak if it is busted. If you are on a serious budget or just want to be clever you can get an external cooler for the trans and just loop the cooler in the radiator so it doesn't leak when you take it out of the system. I hope it ain't coolant.

ATF that looks like a pink milkshake can be caused by coolant getting into it. My guess is there's a problem with your radiator and it's letting coolant into where the ATF lives.

One thing about coolant or water inside an automatic transmission... time is of the essence getting the transmission flushed to completely get rid of the water/coolant and full of fresh pure coolant. The water will eventually dissolve the glues that hold friction surfaces in place that will soon mandate a compete rebuild of the transmission. https://www.mistertransmission.com/water-in-the-transmission/
Three flushes after complete disconnect from radiator and still pink milk shake.

Sucks, that stuff ain't cheap. It would be pretty cheap to have it tested and see if you have water in there compared to one jug of ATF+4. If it's just an air issue the o-ring could be unseated, the new filter cracked, anything stupid like that. Just flushing for fun ain't my idea of fun.

Sucks, that stuff ain't cheap. It would be pretty cheap to have it tested and see if you have water in there compared to one jug of ATF+4. If it's just an air issue the o-ring could be unseated, the new filter cracked, anything stupid like that. Just flushing for fun ain't my idea of fun.
Great reason to drop the pan first.

Reactions: pagrey