Build Advice

K and R Place

Supporting Member
I have an 05 TJ and my wife, in a momentary lapse of reason, hit a tree with it. I had ALMOST gotten it built like I wanted it... It has 68k miles on it. The frame is bent, front shock is broken, there's damage to the steering components, and the bags are deployed. My question is, should I keep it and repair it, or, strip it and sell it?

Second part of this is that I bought an 02 Sahara, and would like to know what I need to do to make it good for daily driving and sometime trails/camping/exploring. It's got 96k miles and a Dana 44 rear axle... And, yes, it needs new tires.

20230430_130637.jpg

20230430_130646.jpg

I have an 05 TJ and my wife, in a momentary lapse of reason, hit a tree with it.
Second part of this is that I bought an 02 Sahara, and would like to know what I need to do to make it good for daily driving and sometime trails/camping/exploring. It's got 96k miles and a Dana 44 rear axle... And, yes, it needs new tires.

View attachment 420895

View attachment 420896

I hope your wife wasn't hurt. I wouldn't try to fix it. The 02' Sahara needs more lift if you stick with that tire size. Only you can answer the question on what it needs for what you use it for. We can help you spend money on it if you like. ;)

She got spanked pretty good by the bag, but, she's ok. Thanks. And, thanks for the thoughts about both Jeeps. I appreciate whatever good advice I can get. Building a Jeep isn't my first skill set, for sure. How much more lift would you add? It's got 33's and I'll be doing mud and some rocks in the mountains...

Last edited:
I hope your wife wasn't hurt. I wouldn't try to fix it. The 02' Sahara needs more lift if you stick with that tire size. Only you can answer the question on what it needs for what you use it for. We can help you spend money on it if you like. ;)

Damn the Boogieman must be getting soft in his old age. I thought for sure that there would be a mention of DIVORCE 😂😂😂

Move all the parts that you'd installed on the 05 to the 02. This will save you a lot since you won't have to buy as much and since you said you had the 05 almost to the stage you wanted then your 02 should be close once done.

Edit: And glad to hear that the wife is OK

Damn the Boogieman must be getting soft in his old age. I thought for sure that there would be a mention of DIVORCE 😂😂😂

HA! Being that she took it without asking me, there WAS a bit of a rough patch around here. But, she made it right by buying the other one. You guys answered what I had a quandary about: whether to keep or strip and sell. I'm kinda emotionally attached to it. I'm going to go in a different direction with the new one by keeping the interior nice and going with the lift and 33's instead of the 31's on the first one. (Blue was Rhino lined throughout the interior.)