Buying my first Wrangler... Advice Needed!

you've got some stuff to deal with & probably more you can't see. Did you look inside the frame rails? I've got a feeling there may be piles of rust flakes inside & if so you may be biting off a big chunk with this one. I live right down the road from you if you'd like me to take a closer look at it & possibly identify some issues you might have missed. There are TJs around here that have less rust, I see them all the time, just have to be patient.

Edit: never mind, already found it, it's 3 miles from my house so whether you like it or not I'm gonna go take a look :D

Edit #2: checked it out, my concerns about the frame were unfounded, it's one of the best I've seen. The inside of the frame around all 4 control arm mounts & the rails close to the tc skid are smooth as glass inside, outside looks fantastic too other than some minor surface rust. The only area of potential concern is where the tc skid bolts onto the lower frame rails, high rust area because water & salt can get trapped in there & cause rust & it's hard to see in there without dropping the skid but given the overall condition of the frame I don't think that's much of a problem. There was some corrosion on bolts but that can be dealt with along with the body rust in those areas of the body you've identified (I'd take it to a mechanic for an inspection & while he's at it have him drop the skid to check the rails for rust & also do a more thorough inspection with a hammer, I wasn't going to start whacking at that thing but I'm very confident it's a great frame).

The add says it's an auto but it is a manual. Also, it's got a Dana 44 rear, see attached build sheet. If it were me I'd take it to my mechanic & if it checks out mechanically JUMP ON IT yesterday, it's an awesome TJView attachment 58317 View attachment 58318 View attachment 58319
I am in the Atlanta area and there are lots of rust free TJs down here and one of the guys that works with me is driving up to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving. Just saying. Rust sucks and happy to help.
I am in the Atlanta area and there are lots of rust free TJs down here and one of the guys that works with me is driving up to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving. Just saying. Rust sucks and happy to help.
I agree. I live in North Ga. and recently bought an '06 in mint condition with about 65k on it. It is actually that same color, Burnt Orange, Auto. I LOVE IT!