Camping Trailer

Whats your budget for a camping trailer. In my area, i can find military trailers with more than enough room for 500-800 dollars. Motorcycle trailers arent a bad idea either, just depends on how much gear you are hauling back and forth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sorry misread the part about hauling gear. I'll leave the post for others. Good luck.

Livin-Lite Quicksilver Rock Climber.
https://www.livinlite.com/products/quicksilver-rock-climber-tent-campers/

download.jpeg

Attachments

• 2018-Livin-Lite-QuickSilver-Rock-Climber-Tent-Campers-Flyer.pdf
    828.2 KB · Views: 227
Those Harbor Freight put together trailers make for an economic little hauler with a litte DIY.

Thanks Bob. That thread is in need of an update. I've lots of progress but there's still a lot of fabrication jobs to do yet. I hope to use it this summer.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Whats your budget for a camping trailer. In my area, i can find military trailers with more than enough room for 500-800 dollars. Motorcycle trailers arent a bad idea either, just depends on how much gear you are hauling back and forth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

$500-$1000, seems like a reasonable budget. Does anyone know of a place to find a military trailers in WA?

Here is what I originally wanted. This will haul gear and you can camp. And by gear it can haul quads or a side by side.

http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/

You can haul these behind your TJ with a quad on it. The tent sets up super quick, and it is spacious. The main drawback is, it is spendy, and just goes up from there.

I ended up buying a home built ready to go for less than half of the price:

It is a 4x8 utility trailer with extra beams welded on the rails for a roof top tent.

IMG-0141.JPG

IMG-0125.JPG

This is my trailer, a 1946 Bantam T3-C purchased by my father in 1965 and restored by me in 2005 (photos were taken in 2007; the trailer looks the same today):

Side view showing custom made Can-Back top, ASME horizontal propane tank and extended tongue:
Bantam Trailer Side View.JPG

Rear View. Tail lights are from a 1950 Pontiac. Wheels are original (made by Kelsey Hayes, same as CJ2A),
tires are 7.00-16 military NDCC. Custom rear receiver can be seen under license plate.
Bantam Trailer Rear View.JPG

Chuck box my dad had made in 1963 for the back of our CJ-3B. It also fits perfectly in the trailer.
Bantam Trailer chuck box.JPG

With sides rolled up. There is a 15 gal. water tank between the ARB fridge and the chuck box.
Bantam Trailer with sides rolled up.JPG

@ac, Did you find a dealer here in the valley that had units in stock to look at? When you say “spendy” what $ range are you talking?

The Jackrabbits can be found at Toms Camperland:

http://www.tomscamperland.com/

Looks like there is one in Surprise which I am assuming is kind of close to you. The prices start at around 7K before options.

The things I do really like about it is it has a torsion bar axle. Mine is a leaf spring and if there is nothing in it it can get kind of bouncy.

If you do end up getting one, or something else let me know, and I will bring mine too, and we can go on a good camp test weekend. If you get one soon though, we should talk about heading north now haha.