Can I fix my TJ?

She’s being brought back to life. Slowly but surely

6D704CD9-6B22-4544-9A75-78DF517FC703.jpeg

4CD0D99B-396A-4462-AE49-756A5ED95026.jpeg

Reactions: doktormane
Yeah looks like the PO put Safe T Caps on the belly area only, not the part where the frame curves over the rear wheel. Not a big deal to fix, but a shame PO didn't just use the full-length caps in the first place.

Glad you're able to save your TJ. Did you get that cracked head replaced?

Reactions: Ericict and ObedaTJ
Yeah looks like the PO put Safe T Caps on the belly area only, not the part where the frame curves over the rear wheel. Not a big deal to fix, but a shame PO didn't just use the full-length caps in the first place.

Glad you're able to save your TJ. Did you get that cracked head replaced?
Yeah it was replaced awhile ago. Besides the frame rot it’s in great condition now.

So they said they can’t do the flat fenders, got the passenger side fender fixed and repainted. But the driver side I got new for 80$ from someone who purchased it and didn’t use it, they’re painting it and installing. should be ready by saturday. I also got some new halo headlights and they don’t know how to install them lol. Said they’re “too small”

Reactions: doktormane
Okay so a little update. Jeep is almost ready. Picking it up tonight. It’s back to normal. Or almost.

They didn’t know how to install the tube fenders and I can’t ship them back because it’s like 250$. I’m going by to try selling them on Facebook. The passenger side fender, they fixed and painted. Somehow it looks brand new, the driver side fender was damaged beyond repair so I found a brand new one in the box on Craigslist for 80$, guy ordered and never used and couldn’t ship back. So great deal on that. They painted it same color and installed it. I got some Halo headlights that they said didn’t work because they were too small, I still want them. Could I install them myself? The frame rot part was cut and welded, it’s good now. I’m ordering a lot of POR 15 stuff to redo the frame and clean it up nice, also inside the frame is going to be cleaned. Hood was also able to be saved, looks good and was painted. Radiator was shot, I got a new one and a new coolant resiovoir. Nothing else mechanically was wrong with it. Starts up just fine and everything works as it should and the steering is back to normal. It was stuck before. Fortunately for me. All in all it costed me about 1750$ for everything. Not bad at all considering I thought it was totaled.

Huge thank you to everyone for the support and feedback, greatest community ever!

I will post pics of it as soon as I get it back

For now enjoy this old picture of my TJ

6CE0A5F9-669A-4296-8E84-8A87357E7734.jpeg

Reactions: dla and cliffish
Okay so a little update. Jeep is almost ready. Picking it up tonight. It’s back to normal. Or almost.

They didn’t know how to install the tube fenders and I can’t ship them back because it’s like 250$. I’m going by to try selling them on Facebook. The passenger side fender, they fixed and painted. Somehow it looks brand new, the driver side fender was damaged beyond repair so I found a brand new one in the box on Craigslist for 80$, guy ordered and never used and couldn’t ship back. So great deal on that. They painted it same color and installed it. I got some Halo headlights that they said didn’t work because they were too small, I still want them. Could I install them myself? The frame rot part was cut and welded, it’s good now. I’m ordering a lot of POR 15 stuff to redo the frame and clean it up nice, also inside the frame is going to be cleaned. Hood was also able to be saved, looks good and was painted. Radiator was shot, I got a new one and a new coolant resiovoir. Nothing else mechanically was wrong with it. Starts up just fine and everything works as it should and the steering is back to normal. It was stuck before. Fortunately for me. All in all it costed me about 1750$ for everything. Not bad at all considering I thought it was totaled.

Huge thank you to everyone for the support and feedback, greatest community ever!

I will post pics of it as soon as I get it back

For now enjoy this old picture of my TJ

View attachment 102758
Awesome...that is a bunch of work for $1700

Reactions: ObedaTJ
Sorry to hear about your rig. Glad your ok. Glad it was repairable! Now do yourself a favor, and get some good insurance. I lost one to liability about 5 years ago. I was out $7,500 cash (what I paid for the Jeep), when it could have been $500-$1,000 deductible.

Before/ after highway roll over. Not only would insurance have covered my ride, it would have covered my $60,000 worth of medical bills. We aren’t as bullet proof as we think sometimes. Shit happens. Be smart.
3FC979B9-15CC-4A41-B012-0CC3F77DC23F.jpeg

0E4FC5EE-0D61-4AF1-A0EE-D1A529A6AEC1.jpeg
11D0A9D2-47BC-4FD3-8AEA-A4686B1723A2.jpeg