Can I put 31x10.5 BFG KO2s on 15x7 stock steel rims without using spacers and without it rubbing?

JoshJ04

Can I put 31 inch x 10.5 BF Goodrich KO2 tires on stock 15 inch stock steel wheels without spacers? If I do this, will it rub?

Last edited:
With stock suspension, they might rub the (edit) front fenders a little at full flex. And depending on the backspacing on the rims they may bump into the spring perches with the wheels turned at full flex.

But these are not situations you're likely to get into unless you're crawling over obstacles. And even then, if you're cautious, the contact won't be a problem.

So yes, you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Anyone have a photo of this setup at the rear upper spring perches?

I can barely fit two fingers between the upper spring perch and the tire with my current setup. Must be really close with tires that are one inch+ wider. Just curious to see how close it would be.

Anyone have a photo of this setup at the rear upper spring perches?

I can barely fit two fingers between the upper spring perch and the tire with my current setup. Must be really close with tires that are one inch+ wider. Just curious to see how close it would be.
Some pics in this thread, although not specifically of the rear spring perch. That thread was with 31" Falken Wildpeak AT tires.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/bump-stop-check-walk-thru-with-pics.12883/
The contact with the front spring perch is due to steering angles. That's not an issue with the rear wheels.

P235/75/15 on Canyon wheels (15x8 with 5.5” backspacing)

Anyone have pics of this spot with 31x10.50s on stock 15x7 steel wheels?

88B86FCA-CD9E-4CF2-A415-C6B86B21F268.jpeg

Reactions: Zorba
Anyone have pics of this spot with 31x10.50s on stock 15x7 steel wheels?
This pic is the best I have. This is a 31x10.50r15 tire on a 15x8 Ravine rim with 5.5" backspacing. The axle is at full flex on the driver's side.

IMG_20190907_125900.jpg
IMG_20190907_125917.jpg

The tire was rubbing slightly on the flare at this point, but not contacting the body or frame.

The results are going to be a little different with 7" rims. The backspacing on the OE steel rims is 5.5", but if the rims you're looking at are different that will affect the position of the tire too. Also, different tires have different dimensions even if they're nominally the same size.

I have 31x10.5x15 BFG AT's, they are on aftermarket wheels that are 15x8 with a -11 offset. I have had it in some small rock gardens and in some trails and whatnot, haven't had any rubbing. It looks like the PO did weld the steering stops on the axles so it may have had rubbing at one point, but as mine sits now I haven't rubbed any.

I had these same tires (same size to) on my last TJ that got wrecked and totaled. It didn't rub at all.

Can I put 31 inch x 10.5 BF Goodrich KO2 tires on stock 15 inch stock steel wheels without spacers? If I do this, will it rub?

You don't need to post the same topic twice, there is no need.

Your question has been answered. Yes, they will fit just fine, I promise.