Carfax Reports

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
Anyone have access to carfax reports? I have a couple I'd like pulled, but they charge an independent guy so much to do one. 40 bucks, last time I checked...Highway robbery.

Reactions: Chris
When I sold my BMW there was a guy on the BMW forums who ran a Carfax report to help aid my sale, cost was $5. I did it for my Jeep as well. If you want his email let me know, he took PayPal.

Reactions: Chris
Cool, thanks. Hadn't seen that one before. That is pretty complete! It also confirms my suspicions that my jeep has been in an accident before, about 70,000 miles ago (I guess it will be OK)!

I like it. Gives very detailed info on accidents compared to Carfax. On one vehicle I’m looking at Carfax shows 3 accidents all minor, one with no damage. This report only shows one accident. The worst one which was still minor showing the jeep was drivable and no airbags deployed appears to have been the Jeep rear ended another vehicle.

Defo favorited that site thanks UPJOHN

However, it does show the crash my wife was involved in in her old car and even states the type of crash, rear-end.
But it doesn't show the crash she was in in her current car (both times she was rear ended). I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't show up on Carfax either for resale.

However, it does show the crash my wife was involved in in her old car and even states the type of crash, rear-end.
But it doesn't show the crash she was in in her current car (both times she was rear ended). I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't show up on Carfax either for resale.
Crashes only show up on reports if they are filed/reported. Its very easy to spot when a car has had a panel replaced but it wasn’t reported.

Both of these crashes were reported, accident report made, claim made, repaired at a collision center. The latter one occurred in October, so maybe it will show up eventually... but I'm hoping not.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
You guys are awesome! Love this site.