Chinook Pass

TCJ

I was born on June 6th on the 5th anniversary of D Day. You can do the math. Each year on my birthday Barbara and I take a drive up to the summit of Chinook Pass, WA to check out the snow and a good long trip with my new Jeep TJ to check the gas mileage. Also I decided to name my Jeep, TJ. it is a 1999 Wrangler TJ and those letters are my initials too.

Just above Pleasant Valley
VL4pR9p.jpg

Barbara Looking for wildflowers
VZc7iZZ.jpg

These two waterfalls washed out this section of the highway on the Normile grade a couple weeks ago. They fixed it in a hurry.
5V2GpwL.jpg

Unnamed peak on the west end of American Ridge near the summit of Chinook.
4lbacSK.jpg

Close up of the same peak.
L9NqecM.jpg

Naches Peak
Nliulqc.jpg

Mount Rainier had a Curly Cloud Cap
VvXcRKI.jpg

Yakima Peak
AbX42Q4.jpg

Naches Peak on the left, Yakima Peak on the right, in the bottom is the head waters of the Rainier Fork of the American River
2OOgpuX.jpg

Barbara, Me , and TJ at Chinook pass Summit.
SB2Bnfp.jpg

While we were eating lunch a big Raven stopped by
NiHU3tW.jpg

Looking for a hand out.
bT3OLSY.jpg

He...or She...was very polite.
Bmixz4U.jpg

About three feet from tip of beak to end of tail feathers
Ec9MvfT.jpg

Still waiting
Bmixz4U.jpg

Beautiful Bird
q8dbswk.jpg

On the way back down the pass we stopped at what is now called the Indian Flats Pond across the highway from the Indian Flats Forest Service Summer Home group. Until about 1970 it was the Indian Flats garbage Dump. About 1972 the dump was closed and it was turned into a gravel pit to supply rock to crush into gravel to chip seal the Bumping Lake road. Then the spring on the hill filled the gravel pit with water and it became a pond.

A patch of Daisies at the Indian Flats Pond
aYcNI3c.jpg

I was born on June 6th on the 5th anniversary of D Day. You can do the math. Each year on my birthday Barbara and I take a drive up to the summit of Chinook Pass, WA to check out the snow and a good long trip with my new Jeep TJ to check the gas mileage. Also I decided to name my Jeep, TJ. it is a 1999 Wrangler TJ and those letters are my initials too.

Just above Pleasant Valley
View attachment 533613

Barbara Looking for wildflowers
View attachment 533614

These two waterfalls washed out this section of the highway on the Normile grade a couple weeks ago. They fixed it in a hurry.
View attachment 533615

Unnamed peak on the west end of American Ridge near the summit of Chinook.
View attachment 533616

Close up of the same peak.
View attachment 533617

Naches Peak
View attachment 533618

Mount Rainier had a Curly Cloud Cap
View attachment 533619

Yakima Peak
View attachment 533620

Naches Peak on the left, Yakima Peak on the right, in the bottom is the head waters of the Rainier Fork of the American River
View attachment 533621

Barbara, Me , and TJ at Chinook pass Summit.
View attachment 533622

While we were eating lunch a big Raven stopped by
View attachment 533623

Looking for a hand out.
View attachment 533624

He...or She...was very polite.
View attachment 533625

About three feet from tip of beak to end of tail feathers
View attachment 533626

Still waiting
View attachment 533627

Beautiful Bird
View attachment 533628

On the way back down the pass we stopped at what is now called the Indian Flats Pond across the highway from the Indian Flats Forest Service Summer Home group. Until about 1970 it was the Indian Flats garbage Dump. About 1972 the dump was closed and it was turned into a gravel pit to supply rock to crush into gravel to chip seal the Bumping Lake road. Then the spring on the hill filled the gravel pit with water and it became a pond.

A patch of Daisies at the Indian Flats Pond
View attachment 533629

Wonderful pictures of some of the more beautiful areas of the state! ;)

Reactions: Wildman