Cut off saw recommendations

064banger

TJ Enthusiast
I’m in need of a small cut off saw for cutting through some metal piping. I have no knowledge of this type of tool so I’m wondering if you guys could provide some recommendations.
I think a dremel might not be big enough (which I don’t have anyway) The pipe is about .5” in diameter, hollow but metal is quite thick.

- Corded is fine
- Cheap metal cutting wheels
- $30 or less preferably
- Something that will last a lifetime

Based on budget presented, buy a hacksaw.
1587407022731.png

I’m in need of a small cut off saw for cutting through some metal piping. I have no knowledge of this type of tool so I’m wondering if you guys could provide some recommendations.
I think a dremel might not be big enough (which I don’t have anyway) The pipe is about .5” in diameter, hollow but metal is quite thick.

- Corded is fine
- Cheap metal cutting wheels
- $30 or less preferably
- Something that will last a lifetime

What is the wall thickness of the tubing.

Reactions: Apparition
I’m swagging it but probably about a 10th of an inch

Also. I think I was looking for more of a tool with a Cutting wheel rather than a saw.

Any decent tubing cutter like a Ridgid #15 which is about $30 would be the prefered tool for that cut and is about the only tool that will give you a square cut.

For that tubing you will not need anything other then the standard cutting wheel.

Usually available at HD, Ace or Lowes also, just don't buy some off brand because they are never the same tool.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00018AFG0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: 064banger