Dash cluster problems

Tictac99

Hello, I just purchased a 98 wrangler sport TJ. Here is my problem. When I start the Jeep and it running the dash cluster is dead but if I turn and hold the ignition key all the way over the dash works fine. When I release the key the dash dies. I have replace the cylinder, actuator and the ignition switch and it still does it. Any suggestions would be great thanks

sc.

The dash cluster is actually easy to take out. Try pulling it and re-seating it. The connections are direct, so pulling it will disconnect it. It could be just one pin that is not making connection. It is an easy pull. You have to use a phillips screwdriver and pull about 9 screws. The plastic will come off easy. A short screwdriver for the top screws by windshield is helpful.

Hello, I just purchased a 98 wrangler sport TJ. Here is my problem. When I start the Jeep and it running the dash cluster is dead but if I turn and hold the ignition key all the way over the dash works fine. When I release the key the dash dies. I have replace the cylinder, actuator and the ignition switch and it still does it. Any suggestions would be great thanks

sc.

I realize you replaced the ignition switch, but from your description it sounds like the RUN contacts are not supplying power to the instrument cluster...
Take a close look at the ignition switch wiring harness and connector for damaged or melted wiring/pins ....