Do I need to replace my front windshield washer pump?

Lemor0714

Front windshield washer pump of my 2004 TJ stopped spraying. I can hear the pump working but the no fluid is coming out of the line. Does this sounds like I have to replace the pump?

That's my guess too, likely a calcium buildup inside the squirters from hard water. Pull the hose off the squirters and see if the pump squirts through just the hose.
Happens all the time on my vehicles. One or both of the nozzles will get clogged. Sometimes it’s carnuba wax too.

First ensure there is enough water in the reservoir.
Then trace the rubber hose from the pump to the nozzles; there is a coupler inline that is a check valve. '
Disconnect the coupler on the inlet side and test to see if what comes out.
If water comes out then reattach the hose and disconnect on the outlet side and test again. If no water come out then the check valve could be stuck closed

Done that and no water comes out of the hose. The water pump still makes noise as it it’s working.
First ensure there is enough water in the reservoir.
Then trace the rubber hose from the pump to the nozzles; there is a coupler inline that is a check valve. '
Disconnect the coupler on the inlet side and test to see if what comes out.
If water comes out then reattach the hose and disconnect on the outlet side and test again. If no water come out then the check valve could be stuck closed
I’ve actually removed the hose from the pump (water continuously flaws out of the pump without the hose) and blew through the hose and water came out to the other end. Put the hose back into the pump and turned the pump on but no water comes out to the end of the hose.

When you say the other end of the hose; is this at the connection to the squirters or at the coupling 1/2 up the hose joining the sections of the hose going up to the squirters ?

With those problem areas verified not to be the problem; it would appear the pump has a problem.
The reason why I ask about the check valve; the previous owner of my Jeep installed the check valve backwards and burned out the pump.

With those problem areas verified not to be the problem; it would appear the pump has a problem.
The reason why I ask about the check valve; the previous owner of my Jeep installed the check valve backwards and burned out the pump.
Alright. I will those and let you know what happens. Thank you for your time.

Ps.. don't use an airhose to blow the line out as it was a big mistake I made.. I blew the check valve out..I was lucky to find the guts of the little check valve.. check each part separately. The clog was in the spray heads, ez to clean out..